Does Drovers Run really exist in Australia?

Dec 19th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Does Drovers Run really exist in Australia?

OK, so I know this is not exactly a travel question, but I've been dying to know and I know someone here will know the answer. Does Drovers Run really exist somewhere in Australia? I'm totally addicted to the show and watch it on DVD, and I have this sort of dream that the next time I go down to NZ/Aus I could go see it.

So, just curious.
Dec 19th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Yep really exists - http://www.about-australia.com/trave...country-tours/
And nothing to stop you including the region around Barossa and Clare Valleys, township of Burra in a couple of days liesurely driving yourself.

Never know, maybe you could be an extra having a feed at the Gungellan Pub.
Dec 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM

http://www.postcards.sa.com.au/featu...hters_set.html
A little more info.
Dec 19th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Bushranger! It's kind of silly, I know, but sometimes the most interesting travel adventures happen when you are on some sort of personal mission or have a specific goal in mind.

Plus, that part of Australia looks so beautiful, I know one day I'm going to get there.
Dec 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM

The Barossa Valley and the area around Clare is a particularlly beautiful part of South Australia and well worth a visit. Unfortunately the series is no longer in production so don't expect to see any stars if you are in the area. The final series is being screened in Australia at the moment.
Dec 26th, 2008, 01:14 AM

The actual property filmed in McLeods Daughters has recently been sold by Channel 9 to a private company so access to the property is no longer available. It is certainly beautiful countryside but the place is not called Drovers Run, it is called Kingsford in the area of Roseworthy