Dining in Sydney

Jun 28th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Dining in Sydney

Has anyone eaten at Claude's in Sydney? Would this be a good restaurant for a special occasion? Any other recommendations?
Jun 28th, 2004, 06:26 AM

Haven't been to Claude's but I always go to Catalina when in Sydney. It's got it all. Ok, it's not central but the location is worth going out of your way to. Let me know if it works out.
Jun 30th, 2004, 11:14 PM

Ah yes, Catalina overlooking Rose Bay, a good choice.
Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:24 PM

I have been going to Claudes on and off for nearly thirty years and it is still very good (consistently rated as one of Sydney's best). It is not right in the city but can easily be reached by cab or 380 bus. The meals are fixed price.You will need to book well in advance.Others in the same class would be Quay, Est , Aria, Rockpool. There are of course lots not so expensive but these would be good for a special occasion. Where will you be staying?
Jul 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Peteralan for the reply. We'll be staying at the Four Seasons. It is a special occasion and I have already made a reservation. Of all the restaurants I have read about, Claude's seems to have the most consistent outstanding reviews. We're going to be in Sydney a few nights and are also considering Pier at Rose Bay or Rockpool for seafood, and Wildfire or Marque for one night. Any comments on these choices?
Jul 4th, 2004, 02:40 PM

mover you certainly have been doing your research. Pier and Rockpool are both good seafood choices with the latter being near where you will be staying.Marque is a very good restaurant which will require that you take a cab as it is not right in the city but is worth the cab ride.Wildfire is in a great position on the harbour but I can't comment as I have not been there.What ever you decide you need to book early.Enjoy!
Jul 5th, 2004, 05:37 PM

I actually really, really like Astral at Star City - lovely food and lovely service and a very nice view.