Choosing between Hotels in Bora Bora & Moorea...

Jun 2nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
Joe Tittermary

Choosing between Hotels in Bora Bora & Moorea...

Hey guys,

My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon to Bora Bora and Moorea at the end of October 2002. We've looked at several vacation planning sites, travel agents, and even AAA. We've narrowed it down to a few different packages and our choice basically comes down to what hotels we want to stay at.

We will be booking all overwater bungalows at one each of the following hotels...

Bora Bora:
Sofitel Motu
Le Meridian

Moorea:
Sofitel La Ora
Sheraton

Has anyone stayed in these resorts?
Could you let us know if you liked them?
Is there any reason you didn't?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe

Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:42 AM
LordBalfor

For what it's worth, here's my take on these places (and others):

http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-4898-454CA523-3A4B759E-prod3

Ken

Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:41 PM
Tiffany

We just got back from the Motu on Bora Bora. It was absolutely amazing. The service was amazing, the grounds beautiful and the shower is to die for. There are only 30 bungalows so you never really see anyone else. It would be a perfect place for a honeymoon.

We stayed at the Sheraton on Moorea. I did not see the Sofitel so I can't compare. I will have a website with our pictures soon and I will post it here. If you choose the Sheraton, stay on Moorea first. It would be hard to go to the privacy of the Motu to a larger resort on Moorea.

Jun 5th, 2002, 07:46 AM
mahoot

I just got back from our honeymoon. We stayed at Sheraton Moorea and loved it. I would highly recommend it. I did not see Sofitel so I can't provide much info. here.

Jun 5th, 2002, 02:47 PM
lb

I would love to hear what your packages are (which islands, how many days?, where the best deal was). We are just starting to plan our honeymoon in early October and are in need of any help!

Thanks!

Jun 7th, 2002, 03:44 PM
traveller

Have you looked into the Pearl Beach Resorts? I love the Pearl Beach Resorts.
We are off to Tikehau and Taha'a this summer. I have also stayed at the pealr Beach Bora Bora and Manihi (my favorite), the Sofitel on Moorea. I really liked the sofitel on Moorea. You really should check out the web site for the Pearl Beach resorts at www.pearlbeachresorts.com because I think that they are the most upscale resorts in Tahiti.

Jun 9th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Jeff

Just to add my 2 cents....my wife and I went to Tahiti for our honeymoon, and if it is not too late I would suggest a cruise...I don't know how long you are planning on staying, but we were there for 10 awsome days, but believe that if we were just on 1 or 2 islands we wouldn't have had as much fun...the cruise was great for us though becuase we were on a ship with only 133 people on the ship that holds 700, during the 9/11 crash. Just a suggestion on the cruise.