Search

Camcorder Query

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camcorder Query

Hi,
Please help - a quick question - Heard that AUS/NZ have 220 volts power outlets. How to recharge camcorder battery? Do the hotels have 110 volts outlets? Or do we need to carry a converter? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 04:52 PM

you will need to carry a converter.

Or - if you're staying at a decent hotel they may be able to lend you one! (I don't know this - as I never stay at "decent" hotels!)

Don't presume that hotels will have 110v power - that's not how it is here.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 05:10 PM

I would recommend buying a converter in North America before you go, as you will need one for the voltage. The plug prongs are different too. Radio Shack and most electronic stores will have them.

I would also recommend buying a second battery if you don't already have one. Nothing's worse than running out of battery half way through the day.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 01:16 AM

Check your power charger unit supplied with the camera and see what voltage range it says on it.
It might say 110-240V AC in which case you will be fine. If it says something like 100/110v then you need some kind of convertor as previously mentioned.

If your still not sure post the model number of the charger here (its written on it somewhere)and we can find out for you.

Muck
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot to all of you for your help. I checked the power charger unit and it read "110-240V AC". For confirmation, I called up Sony and gave them the details and they confirmed that I do NOT need any converter. Only thing I need is an adaptor, which I bought from Circuit City.
Once again, thanks a lot for all your help.