Electrical adaptors/converters

Sep 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15
Electrical adaptors/converters

I will be traveling to the U.K. next month - my first trip to Europe. What type of electrical adaptors/converters do I need? I will need to run a charger for my cell phone and camera batteries, and blow dryer and curling iron. Thanks.
BuddyD is offline  
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 172
Go to Radio Shack. They'll have exactly what you need.
Belledame is offline  
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 507
This site will tell you everything you need to know.
Lovejoy is offline  
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,215
Be careful about what you use a converter for. Nowadays many electronic equipment ( e.g camera battery charger) run in both currents, either 110 or 220V, so you don't need a converter , just a plug adapter.
cruiseluv is offline  
Sep 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 19,000
Converters can actually cause damage to electronics in some cases. Please read and heed this: fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?tid=35003244
Robespierre is offline  
Sep 4th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23
kitkat1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:42 PM.