Budget Accom in Hong Kong

Mar 30th, 1997, 09:21 PM
Rob King

Budget Accom in Hong Kong

Is budget accom & Hong Kong a dichotomy?
Need info/suggestions for budget accom in HK
Fri 11th & Sat 12th April plus any tips for
a "cook's tour" RSVP

Jul 20th, 1997, 07:49 AM
Ken Brakken

Rob:

Did you find budget lodging in Hong Kong? I have the same need. I will be in Hong Kong on Nov. 1, departing the evening of Nov. 3.

I need to decide in what part of the colony to stay; I need to find safe, clean and simple economy lodging near convenient public transportation.

Ken, July 20

Jul 20th, 1997, 06:50 PM
a

Try http://home.chevalier.net/~thebest/Index.htm. The other one is The Salisbury - YMCA of Hong Kong. Right in the heart of the city in Kowloon with 380 Rooms and Suites. I think you need advance booking, so here's the contact (852) 23692211 fax 27399315. I'm sure you'll enjoy the location. a

Jul 20th, 1997, 09:44 PM
Danny

Hi, on 1 Trip to HK I saved monies by using the Hotel/Motel booking office at the airport. They had folders of all the Hotels/Motels in HK in price order, they made the booking and organised the Motel to collect me. I paid approx 240 HK per night for a clean safe room with ensuite in downtown Kowloon. Good luck

Aug 26th, 1997, 08:46 AM
Phil Wells

*The* place for budget accommodation in Hong Kong is Chung King Mansions on Nathan Road in Kowloon, right in the heart of the tourist district. This sprawling, run-down warren is full of budget guesthouses and hostels and if cost rather than comfort is your priority you can't do better. The place has acquired a certain noteriety for being something of a fire risk, and stairwells are dingy, rubbish-strewn and cockroach-infested, but it's not half as bad as it used to be. If you prefer something a little nicer then the YMCA/YWCA is probably your next best bet. Phil.

Sep 1st, 1997, 10:34 AM
Marge

When we went five years ago I wish we had known early enough to book the Hong Kong YMCA. It was like a hotel, right in the center and cheap by hong kong standards. Looked very clean and safe. We found a hotel that we had to book before we left the states...why I do not know...that was very nice. Small cubicles with full bath, tv., restaurant, all night desk., etc. for about $50 a night...again, inexpensive for Hong Kong. It was called New Cathay Hotel, FAX at that time was 001-852-5-769365. It was very central.

Oct 24th, 1997, 03:38 PM
sherri

Stayed a weekend in HK in May-enjoyed the Park Hotel, in Kowloon. A very clean, comfortable room-breakfast was included daily. A short walk to MRT station and Kowloon shopping.
Safe area-quiet rooms, with a business center and travel agent in the lobby.
Would recommend staying there if it fits your price range-it is not what I consider expensive.

Oct 24th, 1997, 03:39 PM
sherri

Stayed a weekend in HK in May-enjoyed the Park Hotel, in Kowloon. A very clean, comfortable room-breakfast was included daily. A short walk to MRT station and Kowloon shopping.
Safe area-quiet rooms, with a business center and travel agent in the lobby.
Would recommend staying there if it fits your price range-it is not what I consider expensive.