Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page > Australia-New Zealand Home Exchange Based Holiday 2018

Australia-New Zealand Home Exchange Based Holiday 2018

Jun 11th, 2018, 12:51 AM
Original Poster

Australia-New Zealand Home Exchange Based Holiday 2018

I am about to take what will be my 4th trip down under. Trip includes home exchanges in Perth Australia and Wellington New Zealand. Between the two exchanges, there is time in the tropical cities of Broome and Darwin and then a week on in a serviced apartment adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef. After all of that, I visit a friend in Melbourne and finish the trip with the home exchange in New Zealand.

If you want to follow my adventures, you can check my with my blog here:

https://altecockertravels.weebly.com...land-2018.html

There are links there to the subblogs describing the trip as it unfolds. The total length of the trip is 3 1/2 months. Airfare across the Pacific was courtesy of frequent flyer miles (going American, returning United).
Jun 11th, 2018, 12:34 PM

Enjoy your trip Lauren, happy to help if you need any suggestions for Perth.
Jun 12th, 2018, 12:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I plan to cover the area between the Pinnacles and Margaret River during the course of six weeks. You can reach me personally via email: [email protected]. I might be interested in going to "Carmen"--which is on while I am there. I live in DC. "Hamilton", is on here while I am gone--a huge disappointment but it will be back and I will eventually see it. I am a big theater nut in addition to being fascinated by Australia's unique outdoors--something I enjoy more than the animals. The koala/kangaroo thing is quickly over with.

I am not on fodors much. When I signed in, I noticed that I had not signed in 3 1/2 years.

Search this Thread