Aust. Zoo--Tiger walk??

Feb 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Aust. Zoo--Tiger walk??

I recently read on the Australia Zoo's website that you can do a "Tiger Walk", where you can play with tiger cubs. Has anyone done this?? Is it worth the $$ as it is quite expensive?
Thanks in advance!
Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:25 AM

You get to play with the tiger cubs and get your photo taken. They also do this for tazi devils, koalas and snakes.

I haven't done the tiger thing myself but had my photo taken with a very large Boeconstrictor. The photo was quite large and looked very good.

Not sure how much it costs so can't comment on whether it's worth the price.
Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:37 AM

BTW, stuff like this is done by special appointment. Snake photos AFAIK are the only ones they do during the day. That's probably why it's expensive.

You can get your photo taken with adult tigers at dreamworld and swim with the dolphins at seaworld by appointment aswell.
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:35 PM

I've just been to Australia Zoo - you can interact and have your photo taken with dingoes, wombats, birds etc for $20 per person + photo.

The tiger cubs weren't on offer when I was there. (well they aren't that small anymore either!!!!)

I thought the cost of the photos was very reasonable compared to other theme parks.

You can feed the elephants for free and the new 'Crocoseum' is great - where they have the snake, tiger, bird and crocodile shows.
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:19 PM

How many fingers can you afford to lose anyway?