Search

Apartment Rentals in New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartment Rentals in New Zealand?

Hello!

I am planning a trip for my husband and I, and two other couples.

I am trying to find apartment rentals in Auckland to save some $$, but am having a lot of trouble finding much of anything on the web.

Can anyone recommend some sites with photos, or any other suggestions? Thanks!
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 11:17 PM

You will indeed not find too many holiday apartment situations here, in fact I don't know of any except those that were let for the America's Cup. And those will now be permanently let.
Our motels are of a very high standard and many come fully self contained with their own kitchen and spa pool. You are better doing a search for them and then contacting the owner directly to negotiate a weekly rate.
www.jasons.co.nz is the website for you. If you need good facilities, easy access to airport coach and into the city I would recommend Jacaranda Motor Inn or others in that vicinity. If you want to be out near a beach then there's other choices.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 02:59 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
How about a house? There are many multi-bedroom houses and cottages for rent on this site: www.holidayhouses.co.nz.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 10:42 AM

Consider renting an RV rather than staying in an apartment. They are very inexpensive and give you total freedom. My wife and I have taken friends on several trips to NZ via motorhome and would not travel there any other way. The camp grounds are seldom busy and very clean. It's wonderful to plan your route in the evening over a glass of wine while you cook dinner in the camp kitchen. Try the Maui Motorhome website in New Zealand for more info. The RV rates usually are cut by 40% after Easter and the campgrounds are deserted.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 11:43 AM
JIW

If you are planning on driving to various places in NZ and staying along the way...use motels. We stayed in motels when we went and got 1 bedroom units that had full kitchens with everything you need for preparing meals.
They are spotlessly CLEAN! We used their Qualmark rating system and always got at least a 4* place and were NEVER disappointed. With 3 couples you might want 3 separate units or try to get a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. The people are so friendly there. They will also help you select a place for your next destination. We traveled both islands over a 5 week period. Trip of a lifetime. You will love it.
Hope this helps.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 09:38 PM

We really need to know how long you intend being in one place, holiday houses are really for a minimum of two weeks to get the savings, if any.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 11:18 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
KathyNZ -

Not necessarily, we've booked cottages and houses for as little as three days. Most have at least two bedrooms, one or two baths, and all have complete kitchen facilities. With three couples sharing the cost, the savings could be quite substantial.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 11:32 PM

In that case pass the information onto lovetravel, many holiday homes especially privately owned do not rent out for less than one or two weeks.
Cottages on farmstays are a different category.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:34 PM

Another website to check for NZ holiday homes is

www.kiwistay.com

There are a number of Auckland listings to check out.

Try a search on google.com for " new zealand holiday homes ", you might get a few more websites to choose from there.

Good luck.