Reload this Page >

Anyone using the Qantas Special deal?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:37 AM
carl

Anyone using the Qantas special deal for $1799 for the Aus. trip? Looks pretty interesting to me and seems not bad price. It is like 12 nights hotel in 3 cities, airfare US-AU, and all in-country flights. What you think?

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:47 AM
LN

Carl<BR><BR>It's not a bad deal Carl. Depending on where you'd like to go in Australia it can be rather good.<BR><BR>Qantas has another deal $885 for flight only and with it you can use the One World pass or the Qantas special pass for getting around the country. We took the cheaper one cause we knew where we wanted to stay and also where we wanted to go. But different strokes makes everyone very happy (especially in Australia!!!)<BR><BR>If you haven't been you will love it - the country is huge (perhaps larger that the States) and the people are very friendly and pleasant, and then there's a tremendous bonus - you get twice the value for your dollar there!!<BR>Do visit Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, the Great Ocean Road, and most anything else you would love to see.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 10:14 AM
bruce

Don't be fooled by the prices. I am not sure where the 895 dollar round trip fare is from or when it leaves what time of year. But we are going in May and I am paying 1450 roundtrip from New York to Sydney. I was told this is a good fare from new york due to the fact that the rotary convention is going to be in australia when I am there and 35 thousand rotarians will be descending on australia so the fares will be taken up quickly. Just make sure now huge conventions will be there when you will otherwise the chance of getting a cheap fare will be slim.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Alan

LN, where, exactly, can one find this $885 fare on Qantas so we can check the conditions, etc? Thanks!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 02:38 PM
pat

Did this trip last year and it was great! Only last year I think the price started at $1499, so it has gone up a little. For a first visit, it was the way to go. (I have been back since).

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 12:52 PM
LN

I'm sorry folks, been out Christmas shopping. <BR><BR>I found the price on Qantas site leaving from LA and the time frame given was (I believe) Jan - thru Mar.<BR><BR>It offers nothing but the airfare to Sydney. Today I received an offer from Air NZ saying $795 but you had to leave on 12/24.<BR><BR>I will look these up again and try to post them for you.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:26 PM
LN

Hello again<BR><BR>Sorry folks, I cannot find the Qantas deal - it is showing up as a Global deal from Sydney to LA in the Jan - Mar timeframe but there's nothing on it from LA to Sydney. I don't know what happened, if they pulled it, or if they didn't list it when a new ad page was set in place.<BR><BR>Again apologies - if another comes my way I'll be sure to post the offering airline and dates.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:10 PM
pat

When we went last year, we booked it through Qantas vacations. #1 800 641 8772. I`m sure they have a website too. We spent 3 nights each in Sydney, Cairns, and Melbourne, with all the Australian flights included, plus flights to and from LAX. Prices started at $1499.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 12:14 PM
hanna

Qantas is offering several deals right now. One is 1299pp w/air from LA and 12 nights, 2 cities. Another is 1799pp for 12 nights, 3 cities. I have the fax on my desk.