Anniversary trip to FP in Nov... Moorea vs. Bora Bora

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, all. My apologies if this topic has been hashed out before on this forum, but the new search functionality is taking some getting used to.

We are thinking of celebrating a landmark anniversary in November someplace genuinely amazing and undeniably romantic. Sadly, we'll only have about a week (i.e. 6 nights, 7 days) to spend, so I'm thinking that only one destination is in order. So, for starters, is that assumption necessarily right?

I don't want to say that "price is no object" because it always is... but this is a big-deal event for us. Based on my first-blush impressions, an over-the-water at the St. Regis in Bora sounds about right. But I know some folks prefer other properties there, and others prefer Moorea as a destination. I'd like to get you impression of the relative advantages of each.

Us: we're mid-50s, active, love hiking and snorkling (but not SCUBA certified), and our only experience in the Pacific islands to date has been in Hawaii. Our priorities for accommodations would be 1. Location & scenic splendor, 2. Service quality, 3. Room itself, 4. Activities available nearby. And I'll just assume they all have competitively decent eating & drinking options.

Thoughts? Questions? (thanks in advance for your help!)