Tahiti vs Moorea vs Bora Bora

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We booked a great deal to visit New Zealand and Tahiti through Air Tahiti Nui, for $1100/person. It includes 3 nights in one of four Tahiti hotels

It also gives an option of a day trip to Bora Bora for $200/person RT flight, which is less than the usual $380 or so for that flight.

I see that one can also take a ferry to Moorea for day trips.

I've never been to any of these places, so can anyone help me understand how these places differ from one another, assuming they do? We get bored easily, certainly don't want to spend 3 days poolside in Tahiti so are looking into our options, thanks
Old Sep 16th, 2015, 04:10 AM

Went to Tahiti and Moorea on our honeymoon in 1982 and to Bora Bora in '86. So it's been a while. Both Moorea and Bora Bora are very beautiful but Bora Bora has to take the cake. We did the day trip to Moorea and rented a small jeep to drive around stopping at the various beaches for a swim. We were on BB for 5 days, mostly lying on the beach. I took a bike ride around the island and one day we took a snorkel boat out to one of the fringing islands. If money is no object, then see BB for sure. But you won't be disappointed with Moorea either. Or do both!
Old Sep 16th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Ralph.

Although its been a while since your trip, your comments seem to ring true today.

In reading online comments and printed materials, it sounds as if Bora Bora is a 10 out of 10, Moorea maybe an 8 or 9, and Tahiti somewhat lower, in terms of scenery I guess. I would have thought that one pacific paradise would be about the same as another, but maybe not!

I look forward to other comments, especially folks who have been there more recently, thanks.
Old Sep 22nd, 2015, 12:08 AM

I just wish I had your problem! Tahiti is on my bucket list for one day..you probably can't go wrong with either and you got a travel bargain as well.
From a bit of reading up other posters say Moorea is better for land based activities and Bora Bora is water based activities. Perhaps that will help.
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 08:32 AM

I'm researching the same question. We are going on a cruise, but have a couple of nights to spend in one place at the end of our trip.

We are considering Moorea for those nights, but the hotels and services near Papeete look beautiful also.

I'd also welcome additional thoughts from other travelers. Can one go wrong in any of these places?