Which Samui beach and hotel

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Samui beach and hotel

Can anyone tell me which beach is the best in Koh Samui? And hotel suggestions? I tried for a beach bungalow at Peace Resort, but none left for this August. I have been a bit turned off by the discriptions of Chaweng Beach because of how toursity it sounds...but, I can't deny the allure of the fine sand beaches over coarse sand beaches with muddy bottms someone wrote about. Comments on this?

Has anyone stayed at Choeng Mon? Sounds nice, but who knows. Looking into the White House there. Has anyone stayed there or heard about it?

Any comments or suggestions for best beach (for quiet and relaxation AND swimming) and hotels would be very much appreciated!
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:58 PM

For great massage and other bodywork, and fantastic vegetarian food, try The Spa Samui Resort at the east end of Lamai Beach.
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Which is the best beach? I think we would like to steer clear of Chaweng if we can. We want something queit and relaxing that also has good beach for swimming and sunning. Would be nice to be close to some good restaurants too...guess I just want it all.

Heard the Meridian was nice and the Santiburi Dusit, but heard the beach wasn't great at the Dusit and heard there were monsoons on the West coast in August. Any other suggestions?
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:26 PM

Monsoons affect the West Coast of 'Thailand' not Koh Samui which enjoys great weather June thru September. Lamai Beach is quieter than Chaweng or you may considor Bophut which is much more relaxed. As far as accommodation goes it depends whether you want a top resort ( Dusit Santiburi / Tongsai Bay type place ), at Bophut the Peace resort is nice and friendly, if you want to go 'down' a bit in price/comfort Tradewinds Cottages are nice. You can still get a/con comfort going even further down the price scale. It depends what you are looking for, it's easy to get into Chaweng in the evening for some nightlife etc.
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Original Poster

THanks for your help. We are looking for a nice place but not off the scales expensive. Heard the beach at the Dusit is not great, but would consider the Meridian (although possibly a bit too cher). We would like something with an authentic, Thai feel, but with good amenities.

We tried the Peace Resort, but they didn't have beach bungalows left. How is the White House at Choeng Mon? Price range around $100-$200 per night is ok....

THanks for the help and any further suggestions.