weather in March and June?

Aug 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

weather in March and June?

My husband and I are teachers who have certain months free to travel. We will have about 2-1/2 weeks available in March or about 3 weeks starting June 10th. What has your exerience been with weather in March and June? We would like to balance city time with walking some trails in places like the Kiso Valley and the Japan Alps. The charts make March seem on the chilly side and also no flowers blooming yet, while the charts also make June sound rainy. I know that weather can certainly vary from year to year, but it would be helpful to hear what others' experiences with weather in these months has been like.
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Better than anecdotes: data!

www.weatherbase.com
Aug 26th, 2007, 05:35 PM

just to be petty...you would have gotten an "F" on this paper from me if i were your teacher....you never mentioned about where you were talking about until 1/2 way down the page...couldn't resist....maybe you teach math or spanish...
Aug 27th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Even more petty. Here THE best weather site

http://www.wunderground.com/
Sep 5th, 2007, 06:45 AM

I would choose March over June if your plan includes hiking/Japan Alps etc. June can be the beginning of the rainy season. March is not too cold, last year I saw cherry blossoms (unseasonably early, I admit) toward the latter half ot the month.
Sep 5th, 2007, 11:04 PM

You'd want to go to Chubu in May; not going to be any CBs in Takayama or Kamikochi in March, it's still going to be early spring or late winter in the mountains, isn't it?

Go to Hokkaido in June. You can get the mix you want there.

Maybe Kyushu would be warmer in March. Spring would be springing and cherry blossoms blooming. Great castle and garden in Kumamoto city. Look for hiking at Aso-san in Kumamoto prefecture and maybe on Sakurajima - next to Kagoshima. Also on the Shimabara peninsula in Nagasaki prefecture. The city of Nagasaki has a very interesting history. Fukuoka is a nice city. Beppu is a major hot springs resort town. Ok, well I think I've convinced myself that I should finally start planning a Kyushu vacation.