Visit To China

Search

Visit To China

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visit To China

Hello, Everyone my query is the restriction of many social and other websites in China. I don't want to live like prisoners. Before my visiting, I want to know which VPN is working in China. How can I get VPN for one month is there any possibility? Please Help me out I don't want to take the risk to use free VPN.
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 04:59 PM

I've always used Witopia. It has long been a VPN that works well in China. I use Witopia all over the world any time I don't have a secure connection (so in public areas and such, so have no idea whether you can buy for just a month. But google Witopia and see what it says.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 01:33 AM
Original Poster

we chat?
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by wendellhill
we chat?
You don't know Wechat? Over 1 billion users. The number one killer app in China. Better read about it if you plan to go to China.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 07:43 AM

Free VPNs tend to work poorly, and only temporarily. I second Witopia, which has always seemed to be one of the few investing resources in keeping up with Chinese counter-measures, and which includes in its fees VPN coverage for your phone, which you set-up on-line once in China. You can buy one month's service. Note that the Chinese have threatened to shut down all VPNs this year, but there's much scepticism that this will happen.

And WeChat is an app that provides the Chinese government a back door into your phone to monitor and upload whatever it likes. It's a social media, texting, electronic wallet, etc. multitool, and completely ubiquitous in China and among those who deal with China or who have extensive Chinese acquaintance, and who will be found there rather than on WhatsApp. But you only need it if you're planning frequent text communication with Chinese who prefer not to pay for SMS (which is just about all of them). The wallet aspect is of no use unless you're planning to open a Chinese bank account. The app is of no relevance at all to your original question, and won't provide you with access to Facebook, Medium, or all the other blocked services. A good VPN will, at least for now.
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 03:43 PM

Just a thought. If these services, which sneak around the chinese laws, are illegal, then you are taking a risk if you use such a service. Oh sure, a small risk, but in china, a very possible risk and the CCP loves to parade law violators.
Old Jan 24th, 2018, 04:10 AM

I've been always dreaming about China
Old Jan 24th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Original Poster

So make your dream true
Old Jan 26th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Original Poster

Hello, Kathie, so nice of you to suggest me. Well, I read IvacyVPN reviews on ReviewsDir. If I compare price between them than Ivacy is a little bit expensive than Witopia but if I am talking about services I don't know about both but about Ivacy users reviews are good. Anyhow, I want to read reviews about Witopia can you please share with me after reading reviews I'll decide which one is better.
Old Jan 26th, 2018, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by temppeternh
...The wallet aspect is of no use unless you're planning to open a Chinese bank account. ....
You can set it up with a "foreign" credit card.