Reload this Page >

visa price for vietnam

Search

visa price for vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:18 PM
linda

visa price for vietnam

We live in spain and are hoping to go to vietnam to visit friends but we have been told by our travel agent that the visa and process fee from spain is $250 per person.<BR>These visas are processed in paris.<BR>Does anyone know if one can do this himself by mail/etc. for a lower fee?<BR>I was also told you can get the visa in bangkok.. anyone done this? how long does it take?<BR>

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Joe

Are you talking about a US passport visa? If so, I would download the visa application form from the Vietnam consulate web page, and deal directly with them. We just returned from Ho Chi Min, and applied for our visas directly. The cost was $65/each plus the cost of shipping - however you send it to them, plus prepaid shipping return. (Fed X preferred by the consulate). I don't know how much shipping is from Spain, and I don't know if they would process a US (?) passport visa in Paris. We used the Vietnam consulate in Washington DC. I don't know about Bangkok, but I know US citizens can also get a visa when you reach Vietnam, if entering the country by air (vs. overland border crossing). I wouldn't want to go that route though because that leaves too many things to chance...

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:00 PM
Mary Anne Cook

Please print a website that a copy of the visa for Vietnam can be printed from.<BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:19 PM
Joe

Here you go - hope this helps... http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/co.../visainfo.php3

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 08:04 AM
linda

thanks so much for website. hopefully we can do this by mail.

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:42 PM
eric

my wife and I just came back fr VT. we held U.S. and Filipino passports, we obtained our Visas from a Vietnam embassy in Manila. US passport holders only pay $50, procesing was half a day. If you are heading to VT via Bangkok, i suggest you gather information from Vietnam embassy in Bangkok before your travel, how much and how long.

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
eric

oh btway linda, Joe was right... you can get Visa as you enter Vietnam, right at the airport just before you go through Immigration. We came in through Ho Chi Minh City, and we just got back last week.... seems like there was no hassle at all getting it from there. I read the sign on the counter and all they require is $50 per applicant. If you need more details just e-mail me

Old Dec 2nd, 2002, 07:35 PM
thuong

You could get visa with the cost under $60.00 per person. If you need my help. Please email me.