Visa for India and Vietnam

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa for India and Vietnam

Hi..i need a visa for India and Vietnam. First i need to renew my passport which will take about 10 days to 2weeks. We leave for India on December 27th for 2 weeks and then Vietnam for 2 weeks.
So, my question is...Do i have enough time to get both visa's??

Which one should i get first?? I have to mail each visa application to Vancouver, i live in Edmonton...

How long does it usually take for a Vietnamese Visa to go through? Any recommendations will be appreciated..Thanks
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM

i can only speak to the usa processing....both places took about 2 weeks each....you could also hire a visa service which might be able to get them both at the same time for a service charge...
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 09:39 PM

If for some reason you are unable to obtain both visas prior to departure (you have plenty of time so this should be a problem), then get your Indian visa first. You can then arrange for a pre-arranged visa to be picked up at airport when you arrive (assuming you are flying to VN and not going overland). This agency can help with this. www.vietnamstay.com
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Original Poster

hmmm...i have booked my accomodation through vietnamstay.com...Maybe i will email them and see how that works..just in case..but i doubt it will be a problem..Just that i am short a few days on that requirement of having 6months remaining on my passport..therefore..i now have to renew my passport...And i was in Peru for a few weeks and just got home last week so was unable to renew it any earlier...
Thanks for your replies.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 12:38 AM

Just in case, here's the detail page on pre-arranged visas.

http://www.vietnamstay.com/service/
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 03:27 AM

Jus remember that India visa is valid from the date of issue and not from date of your arrival.

Also understand that Vietnam visa is obtained on arrival for most foreigners.But check-out with the embassy for safety's sake.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 06:00 AM

Citybell, there is NO Vietnam visa on arrival. Visa on arrival means you can show up unannounced and receive a visa in exchange for some cash, passport photos and visa forms.

What Bisbee is talking about is a pre-arranged visa. If you show up for a flight for VN without a VN visa in your passport, or the printed interenet confirmation of your prearranged visa, you will not be allowed on the plane.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 05:52 AM

Kathie,
Visa on arrival(for 30days)EXISTS for some nationalities.Those who don't fall under this category need a visa before departure or a pre-approved entry visa.