Vietnam- Expert Guide Wanted

Aug 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Vietnam- Expert Guide Wanted

OK Fodorites:

I am traveling to Vietnam next spring w/ my best buddy and his father-in-law (retired 3-star, two tours in the war). He wants to fly into Ho Chi Minh and have a guide take us to: Bao Loc, Dalat, Boun Mi Thout,Pleiku, and Quy Nhon. After that we can go wherever we want.

I need an expert that can help me make that happen and make it interesting for all three of us..espeically if some of those places are not even on anyone's off the beaten path list!!! Know what I mean?

I need to get hooked up with a really good guide/operator over there that can help us make a great plan, that we can trust, and that will show us the best the area has to offer. I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!
Aug 10th, 2008, 03:24 PM

This couple(Vietnamese wife and American vet husband )who live in Olympia, Wash. helped me plan 2 trips to Vietnam to the places I wanted to travel first with the son of A Vietnam vet and the 2nd time with a Vietnam helicopter Pilot.

Their website: indochinatours.com

I cannot say enough how pleased we were with their help. You want a driver and a guide for the places you want to go as they are not on the usual tourist route. We went to Dalat and up as far as the DuMoc tunnels and other places in the country where my Vietnam Vet wanted to visit.

We had 3 different guides)Southern, Central, and Northern area. Two were sons of men who fought in the war, and they were the best.
Aug 11th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Original Poster

Sounds great, you guys. I visited their site. Did you get the impression that they booked directly with their contacts, or do they have to go through other prople?
Aug 11th, 2008, 07:09 AM

From my experience when I booked with my couple I even requested the guide Tri who I had on the 1st trip in the South I wanted him again on my second trip. I really liked working with them on my trip as they let me request hotels, places and customized it to what I desired.
Call them at the tollfree number and let them know your particular interest. Also got the guide,Son, a second time in the North. Both of these young men are outstanding guides.
Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. We started working with IndoChina Tours. So far we are pleased with the service and personal attention we are receiving on this special project.
Best,
Kingster