Search

Uma Ubud hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uma Ubud hotel

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Uma Ubud in one of their Pool Suites? If so, any comments? I've heard mixed reviews about their regular suites, but am curious about the pool suites in particular.

We're trying to decide between Uma Ubud and Ibah for part of our honeymoon in Bali. So any thoughts on Ibah (e.g., what are the views like?) would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 07:06 AM

Look under the thread entitled,"Report on the Davis and the Metropolitan in Bangkok". It should be among the first 100 threads. Happy Travels!
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Guenmai.

We are also spending one night at the Bangkok Metropolitan on our way to Bali. It sounds very cool.

But, I'd still like to hear from someone who has stayed in an Uma Ubud Pool Suite!
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Probably you will think I am a well-off person, I am not. But, the Four Seasons-Sayan is one of the loveliest resorts I have stayed at especially in their mid-range priced rooms (you don't need a suite,I mean). But, for one day, unless you spend it at the resort, it is not worth the money.Two full days with 1 day touring and 1 at the resort would be well worth it. We stayed there for 4 nights in 2003.We likely will return again to Bali in 2-3 years and that resort is a must for my wife and I.
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 06:53 PM

I stayed in a terrace room at Uma Ubud this past spring and liked Uma very much. I only looked at the pool suites and they looked really nice. Very spacious, lots of light, nice views. Uma is not crammed with Bali-looking decorations in the room, but rather the decor is very minimal and peaceful. I can't say how the Uma pool suites compare to other pool suites around, but I can say I did love staying at Uma Ubud. I think Uma or Ibah would both be nice places to stay. Ibah is closer to town, Uma ia near Mozaic and the Neka musuem. Ibah, to me, seems darker and more formal, Uma seems lighter, more open, and more stylish. People have said Kayumanis have very nice pool villas, so maybe you could check that out too.
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information Mealea. I'm happy to hear you loved your stay at Uma. I like the sound of the openess and light of the Uma pool suites too.