Ubud Hanging Gardens

Search

Ubud Hanging Gardens

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ubud Hanging Gardens

Anyone that know something about or has seen this hotel, looks great on the website (is a Pansea hotel). Where in Ubud is located? would it be a great place to stay?
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:04 PM

arneson, I live in Indonesia and go to Bali frequently. I like to keep up on the hotels there as I often give recommendations to friends and customers. This one is a new one on me! I agree it looks very appealing. The only thing that I would be wary of is the following statement: "A private funicular permits easy access to the Villas" This implies a very vertical arrangement. Great once you're in your room, but sounds complicated.

I'm going to Bali next week and I'll check it out.

Ubud, by the way, is the town located in south-central Bali, about 45 minutes to an hour from the airport.

There are many, many resorts in this area in all price ranges, both in Ubud proper and along the river valleys.

The area is known for the arts -- performance, mask making, carving, painting -- and there area many opportunities to see village festivals and buy local handicrafts. It makes a good balance with a few days at the beach. The river valleys, distant mountains and lush rice paddies are profoundly beautiful.

When we're in Ubud we normally stay at the Alila, but as I said, new places have been popping up like mushrooms lately.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 01:20 AM

I think this hotel will only open in June/July 2005.
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 11:52 PM

Joelle is right. Ubud Hanging Gardens plans to open July 1, 05.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 12:26 AM

And the silly thing is that they have started (in France) to sell it on travel brochures(printed in the fall of 2004...). Business as usual!!!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 03:55 AM

I'm in Ubud right now and have not heard of this hotel - not that I am looking for something in that price range.

The funicular bit is intriguing - there is not much UP where you can go here but plenty of DOWN i.e. to the banks of the several rivers that cut through town. And then you are pretty much trapped as far as exploration on foot, and choice of restaurants and shopping venues.

But come here anyway, even if there is no such place yet - it is really fabulous, especially if you are into art, silverware, woodcarving, leatherwork and so on.

Harzer
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 03:23 PM

harzer, in the Ayung River Valley area take a look at the Alila and Kayumanis. You're right, it's a stunningly beautiful walk down to the river, but a long, hot slog up! It's worth it though. Have you gone river rafting. Should be a fast and exciting trip since there's been so much rain.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:38 PM

Marmot

I know this post was made a few months back but I was wondering I you have had a chance to check this hotel out. I am currently booked to stay 5 nights at 4S Sayan and just looking at other options.

Thanks
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:43 PM

lisa, I understand that it opened but haven't been there yet. Of all the properties on the Ayung River the Four Seasons is the most mainstream (no pun intended). It's big enough to provide real world service and convenience, but located in spectacularly beautiful surroundings so you feel as if you're in the wilderness. I've never heard of anyone who didn't enjoy his/her stay there.

If you're looking for something more intimate and secluded try the Kayumanis.