Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Trip Reports..I love 'em, but like them best when your name is in the title!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems like we are getting a lot of trip reports recently, which is a very GOOD thing!.

I love checking back in to see how each one is developing with the responses and the continuing chapters, but am having a hard time remembering which is which.

Can I sugest that people not only put the location, but maybe their names on the title; ie "Sally's Dec 06 Bangkok and Pittsburg report"?

Or do the rest of you have better memories than me?

Again, I am loving all the reports, especially since they are covering very different styles of travel!!
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:56 PM

I agree. Or at least it should be something more descriptive than "(Insert Location) Trip Report". I can't keep them all straight either!

My last report was on the Europe Board and was titled "Confessions of a Travel Tyrant; Ten Days of Tapas, Wine, and Wandering in Spain".

Whatever you do, keep writing!
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Now thats a title I wouldn't forget, ever! Love it!

Okay guys, I'm going to be emailing Kristina for ideas before I label my next report.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

And I just couldn't resist going over to the Europe board and reading it. Wow, makes me want to go to Spain!

PS-Can you hint at your original title?
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 08:24 PM

Sigh.
Yes, it was "Confessions of a Travel Nazi..." Looking back, it wasn't the best choice of words, but "Tyrant" didn't occur to me at the time and I honestly didn't realize how much it would polarize people.
It started a firestorm of debate to which I felt I had to defend myself (along with quite a few others defending me) and it took away from the original intent of the report.
So, one of the Fodor's editors emailed me, told me he liked the report, and asked if I would repost it with a new title. They then deleted the old one.
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Kristina, I had to laugh at your post. It reminded me of a trip to Ireland I tokk back in 1989 with my husband, my cousin and her husband. I had been to Ireland the year before to chill out after taking the Bar exam and loved it so much, I wanted to go back. When we got to Dublin, I wanted them to see everything I had the yeat before so I took them on a very grueling walking tour of the city, really running them ragged. I had very meticulously planned this down to the last detail but forgot to leave time for breaks and food. After several hours they were all begging me to stop for some food and a beer and I said, okay, we can stop for ten minutes. They nicknamed me the "nazi tour guide." I've loosened up a lot since then and now rarely have more than a loose plan for the day that always changes as the day unflods.
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:30 AM

Sorry fot the typos, it's early! tokk should be took, yeat should be year and unflods should be unfolds!
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Well sometimes when travelling, days do unflod!
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM

Is there any particular name you would like us to use in our reports. I note for the record two items:

1. Apparently, I'm much older than Laurie, I took the bar exam in 1977.

2. In my last trip report, I anticipated your request in my title. In truth, I did it so my non-Fodorite friends could easily find the report, but I'll take credit anyway.
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Andy, not much older. I made a mistake with my dates, I actually took the bar in 1987 and the second trip to Ireland was in 1988. Also when I was in college, I took some time off and was on the Seven Year Plan. Had I gone straight through college and then straight to law school, I would have graduated and taken the bar in 1981.
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM

New to board but think its great and your suggestion terrific
Now I am off to Bangkok in Early March for 12 days I'm 51 married 3 children all living in other state now and am taking my 27 year old daughter (eldest) who is married and 2 children of her own
I have been to Bangkok before for sights, shopping and yes but ssshhhh dont tell anyone .....surgery My daughter has never been out of Australia This is a sights, shopping and I guess "mother daughter is 12 days together too long before they kill each other trip". Soooo will fill all in on trip and yes the bickering but how about some suggestions for title of stories
Yeah I know I could probably think up one myself I'm witty ( I am truly) but hey I'm having a lazy mind month so cmon people

Cheers
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 02:43 PM

Charmae-We just got back from two weeks in Thailand with my son and his wife. We pre-planned some separate activities. My thinking was that it was better to think that we did not spend enough time together than too much. Side trips in different directions is my suggestion. Plan to meet for dinner.
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Gpanda
Thanks for that idea could be that we both will be on our own alot