Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
Notices

traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help

May 20th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help

Hello all, hope you would be able to help me. I am currntly in Nara and have reservations tomorrow in miyajima. The next night i am back in tokyo.

I would like to visit himeji castle on the way but can't figure out what would be the best way to do it? should i got back to kyoto and travel from there? is there an easy rout for a stop on the way? should i visit himeji on the way back or there?

tottaly confused and would appriciate all help.
May 21st, 2015, 04:51 AM

Go to www.hyperdia.com, enter starting FROM Nara TO Himeji to see several train connection options.

In Himeji station there are luggage lockers in the Shinkansen station side and also lockers in the regular train station side. If you use one, make sure you remember which station the locker is located. Or, you may show the locker's key to a station employee and he will point out which station side your locker is.
May 23rd, 2015, 09:16 AM

It is easy to do from the station. I did the train from Osaka to Miyajima and got off Himeji and took a taxi because I was unsure of finding it quickly as I only had day to get in both. You can make the stop either way. When you get to Hiroshima you exit the train and follow the exit to the local train which will take you to the ferry for Miyajima. If your unsure simply ask many people are headed that way.
You may be slightly suprised that while on map train ride looks short it is actually about 15min+. You exit the train and walk directly to the dock which you can see at end of street from train station. Remember when you return you will need to cross over to the other side of tracks to return to catch your train back to your return point
May 23rd, 2015, 10:30 AM

This thread is now 3 days old and the OP has already gone back to Tokyo.
May 25th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

sorry for no being able to reply. thank you for your herlp it was most helpfull and had a great time in both places.

Search this Thread