Travel magazine thread

Aug 15th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Travel magazine thread

I happened upon a thread about travel magazines on the Europe thread. One that came highly recommended was International Travel News, a publication written by your more typical travelers, and not the 5* expensive places that you see in some of the glossy paper travel mags.

Anyway, if you go to intltravelnews.com, you can get a free sample. I signed up for that, and then went to their page listing some previous articles. I found an interesting one on Thailand, written by another Illinoisan (near Chicago). Thought you folks might enjoy it too.

Carol
Aug 15th, 2005, 06:49 PM

thanks carol...done
Aug 15th, 2005, 07:33 PM

I've been getting this for years and it's great -- it was even better pre internet because it was the only way to get information from travelers. It was with their help that I planned my early trips to asia. Now this forum and the internet makes it less necessary but I still subscribe to it out of loyalty. They did something no one else did and I owe them.
Aug 16th, 2005, 05:53 AM

gloria, that's so funny, because I feel the same way! I've been subscribing to them for years and continue to do so even though I now get much of my info from the internet. You often can find info on out of the way places and unusual experiences... I always feel like I get an unusual tip or two that continues to be worth my subscription money.
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:22 AM

I remember pre-internet getting ITN was one of the high points of the month. And there is no way I would have been able to take the trips I did in asia in the 80s and early 90s without them. I remember when I went to Vietnam and Cambodia in 1991 I put in a request for information in their person to person section and a couple of months later I got a ton of letters and phone calls with all kinds of information. I still read it but this forum has taken its place for much of my planning. However, I figure I'll subscribe for as long as it's around. It's cheap enough and as I said I really do feel I owe them my loyalty.
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:04 AM

I was a subsciber to ITN,too....and for years starting back...I think...in the 70s. It was great. Happy Travels!