Travel Agency co-cheap tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went online today at ASAPtickets and came up with International Travel Network Corporation out of San Bruno California. They gave me a great price from Atlanta to Saigon. I checked with Delta and the flight does exist. On the top of the website it was accredited by IATA, arc and BBB Business. Has anyone used this company to buy a ticket. Is it legit. They're no: 800-677-2943-Ext: 22250 (ticket Dept). Help me. Thanks. alana.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM

alana, I've not heard of this company. Hopefully someone who has will respond to your question. In the meantime, I'd do routine research - call the BBB to make sure they are members and to ask about any complaints, and also check with IATA and ARC. On the web, it's easy to cut and paste those symbols on any website so "Joe's Bar and Travel Agency" could easy put those on their home page.

When you call the company, ask about things that are sometimes problems with discount agencies: do you get frequent flier miles for your flights? can you get advance seat selection? are the tickets electronic or paper?
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM

You can call the Chamber of Commerce in San Bruno to verify if that travel agency exists there. Also, search the net to see if you can find a street address for them.

If you Google them, does anything more show up?

The burden of due diligence falls on you. If you still have doubt, pay the money and go with a known entity. It's too big of a trip to have a major screw-up. You can risk a mess-up going from Atlanta to Charleston, NOT going from Atlanta to Saigon.

Good Luck.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

The company offers ff miles, and I would get an electronic ticket with a number after they verify my credit card. I called the BBB in San Bruno, they had some complaints but said they were all closed, so I guess that means problems were resolved. I called IATAN who said they were members. Have you heard of asap tickets. I'm pretty sure I went to that website years ago. And the BBB said they sell tickets under asaptickets. Any other suggestions to make me feel better about buying a ticket thru them. Thanks. alana
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM

Do you have big local agencys that advertise that they will meet or beat any quote?Flight Centre is one that does that here in Australia. If so, simply take a copy of the email to them and see if they will match the price.