Lao Airlines Luang Prabang to Siem Reap

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am having issues booking my flight from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap. It tells me there is "No Delivery Method available for your itinerary, please modify your flight selection". It says the flight is operated by Vietnam Airlines but when I look at the Vienam Airlines site the flight doesn't exist. Has anyone run into this before and if so, how can I work around it?

Thanks!
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM

Can you be more specific? Are you trying to book your ticket via Vietnam Airline's website? If so, that route does exist (we flew it over a year ago), but I'm pretty certain it is not yet bookable via their website--so you would have to go through a local agent. I would, as others will, suggest Eddie @ SEA Tours in Bangkok.

Or you can usually book these fares through Expedia for a nominally more expensive cost.

Last I checked, Eddie's email was [email protected]
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM

Are you looking at this site - http://www.laoairlines.com/

You can buy an e-ticket for their flights via Paske on mon/thur/sat and also on the same days plus wed, a direct flight co-shared with Vietnam Airlines. If using the Bangkok Airline Pass only the flights through Paske are allowed.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM

Scotters advice is correct. there is absolutely no need to book via a travel agent as you can book online, of course.
A couple of points to note:
Use IE and not Firefox as the site is not compatible with Firefox.
Be careful to use the url suggested by Scotters. There is a bogus site run by a company in France that masquerades as the site for Laos Airlines. Some people have had problems with bookings on this site not being honoured. Apparently they don't pay their bills.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM

VTBoy is correct in pointing out that there is an agent in France that masquerades as Lao Aiirlines. http://www.laos-airlines.com/

In addition to hearing about problems with them, I have personal experience which seems to indicate that they are not legit.

A couple of years back I found a great price on a flight pass they offered and wrote to Lao Airlines directly to verify that it was legit. Their reply to me was that they did not honor tickets issues by that company and passengers are required to repurchase tickets if they want to fly.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM

Use a travel agent in Thailand since they can issue you the tickets once you are here. Safe, reliable and many regulars here can attest to that.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM

So maybe the OP will not be in Thailand and therefore unable to pick up a ticket from an agent. The fare is $220 net from the airline site and I agree that a travel agent may be able to get it cheaper. If traveling in off season just go to a travel agent in LP and get the ticket if the price is cheaper. Should be no trouble getting seats and even in high season seats will usually be available if booked a few days in advance

And I agree with Kim that Vientianeboy advice is good so why knock it.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM

Who's knocking what, Scott? When someone says 'there is no need to use a travel agent...' I think you can agree that is not exactly what one would deem as well-rounded, "good" advice.

And, as I'm sure you also know, one can use a local travel agent in any country (even the home country of the OP) who can also attain probably the same discounted fares.

VB's advice is incorrect, uninformed and wrong by sheer nature of advocating not exploring other fare options. If the OP isn't concerned about cost then I guess it's "good" advice.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 07:44 AM

BTW, I only recall Kim actually saying he was right about the fake Lao Air site...unless I'm not reading her post correctly?
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM

The other thing you need to consider is "have you got any more flights?". Many people are not aware of the existence of the discovery pass, which can be used to travel for travel in this part of the world with significant savings. This pass can only be bought outside the region.