Search

How to contact SNCF?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to contact SNCF?

Hi~
I need to contact SNCF about a cancelled reservation that they only partially refunded. The contact form on the Voyage-SNCF site will not send the message (dead page and world's worst web site to boot), and I can find no other way to contact them. Has anyone dealt with this before?
Since I'm on the subject of SNCF, I'd like to say that the TGV was one of my favorite parts of my trip to Provence - what a lovely ride from Paris. Do take the TGV! Book it along with your flight if you can though, for so many reasons. To sum up my lessons learned: screw-ups & delays WILL happen, and if you have one source you can contact for the various screwups as they occur you will save yourself some grief. Maybe a LOT. Travel agents are a darn good idea.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Call the English SNCF operators at (direct dial fromthe USA): 011-33-8-92-35-35-37.

Does your travel agent get PREMS for you, or even know about them?
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

I should have said "In retrospect, travel agents are a darn good idea", as I did not use one. I booked everything myself online. I made a point of purchasing refundable tickets *just in case*, then when I had to cancel my tickets I did not get the refund I was due. If I had purchased prems (or other non-refundable tickets) and not used them I would have come out ahead. Something to think about if you're headed for France.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM

You mean the price of the PREMs tickets was less than the difference between what you paid for your tickets and what you were refunded?

I'm still not getting how a travel agent would have been of any use in this situation. But good luck calling that number!
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Could be there are different levels of refunds depending on the timing of your cancellation....
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 07:12 PM

I think that webpage does have a dead email address, sort of remember something about that. You don't always get a full refund on fares, if you cancel, though, various fares have some restrictions or limitations on that. I turned in a ticket that was a regular ticket at a train station in Paris and didn't even get a full refund on that because it was some special fare reduction or something that didn't entitle you to full refund.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 06:45 AM

The phone # posted by StCirq is how I order my tickets--they arrive in the mail a couple of weeks later.