Reload this Page >

transport from Bangkok

Search

transport from Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 12:19 PM
dorothy

transport from Bangkok

Ihave been quoted a price of approx 7,700 bhts for a car transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin,if I pay for it in the U.K. is this a fair price,or would I get a better rate in Bangkok.The price is a return fare for two people. Please can anyone help.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:43 AM
Roger

Forget it...you can fly round trip for just at 5000 Baht. If you stay in BKK at least one night you could take the train or hire a car and driver for a lot less and have more fun getting there. Car and Driver: Dechar Phone: BKK 01-939-5052. Speaks English has a large car with air - drives the movie stars. Not expensive! ROGER

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:09 PM
James Allen

That is an absolute 'rip-off'!!! The Limo service at the airport has air-con Mercedes Benz cars that charge about 1,800 each way, returning from Hua Hin to Bangkok Airport local good air-con cars 1,400-1,600, so 'return' no more than 3,400. Also e-mail contacts at www.travel-huahin.com and they can send a Hua Hin based car to pick you up. How on earth does your agent get away with charging DOUBLE what everyone else does, ask them!! <BR>Which hotel are you staying at in Hua Hin, they too can arrange all this. <BR>Anyhow, enjoy Hua Hin, I always do!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:12 PM
sarah

Dorothy, James is right, absolute tops would be 1,800/2,000 each way by Mercedes!!. Hope you remember my posts from your initial enquiry. <BR>Also I agree that www.travel-huahin.com can arrange for you. <BR>Just take one-way from BKK, there are plenty of nice cars in Hua Hin who 'start' at 1,600, so you can no doubt get for 1,200-1,400, I've done it!

Old May 24th, 2001, 02:23 PM
dorothy

Wow! Thanks a lot ,I had a feeling that was too much money. The agent was charging per person-not per car. My daughter was asked for the equivalant of 15,200 bhts for four persons,becaus she was told that she would need two cars,because each car would only take three persons,is this correct?.

Old May 24th, 2001, 04:13 PM
James Allan

I can think of a word to describe it but it is too rude to publish! <BR>Don't book through them, and without wanting to create too much of a fuss (i.e never upset your agent) I should write a note to the manager to say that 15,000-18,000 for a trip that is available locally for max 4,000 round trip is an absolute xxxxx of xxxx! <BR>The Limo desk is in the arrivals hall and they have spotless clean new Mercedes Benz cars with 'mature' drivers <BR>who will 'whisk' you onto the elevated highway over the Bangkok traffic, after about 40 minutes of highway the road gets less busy, it's then a dual carriageway, like a UK 'A' road, fields and towns, within 2 hours you will pass Cha Am and then very shortly arrive at your hotel, they 'may' charge up to 2,000 for the Merc, They seat 3 in comfort but can manage 4. If you want real comfort (how many of you?) why not arrange for a 9-seat mini-bus from Hua Hin to collect you, the company who does my hotels for me there can arrange. <BR>(www.travel-huahin.com) They are the same people who are good for tours. Can I give them your e-mail address and they can ctc you for arrival details? <BR>Or e-mail me on my personal e-mail. <BR>Cheers James

Old May 26th, 2001, 08:06 AM
dorothy

James,Thank your offer,I am very grateful. I am not going to Bangkok until October,so I am not finalising everything yet.I will contact you sometime before if that is okay.I hope to be staying at the Marriot Royal Garden in Hua Hua.I have not arranged the Bangkok Hotel,but probably the Grand Pacific. Cheers.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Pas

I recently hired a very comfortable Toyota minvan with swiver armchairs and high roof. I paid 4,000 Baht per day with the driver being available from 9am until midnight and including Bangkok-Hua Hin round trip.