Trains on Kyushu

Search

Trains on Kyushu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trains on Kyushu

I'm flying from Seoul to Fukuoka in late September and planned to go pretty much straight from the airport to the train station and get a train for Beppu. Now that I'm looking at this plan, though, I'm wondering if that's smart. Does anyone know of a good resource for finding out if that's a route that frequently sells out, or about alternate transport methods if that fails? I'd love to hear about firsthand experience, but other reasonably reliable English-language sources of information would be welcome.
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 12:19 PM

I flew into Fukuoka a couple of years ago, but I stayed there for three nights. The closest train station to my hotel was in Hakata. You will have to take the subway from the airport to the station, which is a bit of a schlep. I did it, but I went directly to my hotel. If you have a two hour bus or train ride ahead of you, then it's really too much. The Hakata bus station is adjacent to the train station.

A better alternative is to take one of those buses that go directly from the airport to Beppu, I believe that will be your best bet. You can find the times below:

Nishitetsu timetable | Nishitetsu living net

I took both buses and trains extensively while on Kyushu, so you will be fine on the bus. Your luggage will be stored in the belly of the bus.
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! A bus from the airport certainly sounds easier, and less likely to sell out. Much appreciated!