Connection between train and bus in Brescia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2018, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello good people, I wonder if someone here might know if 23 minutes should be enough time to connect between a train that arrives in Brescia train station and the airport bus (to Bergamo) that leaves from the bus station? The bus station is supposed to be right next to the train station in Brescia, but I am not sure how easy is the connection between the two and if 23 minutes should be enough?

In case it matters, the train arriving in Brescia is frecce from Venice and I understood that those trains are more likely to be on time.

Thank you for any advice.
Old Jan 31st, 2018, 11:24 PM

Of course it's enough or the authorities wouldn't have sanctioned it. It's more than enough time.
Old Feb 1st, 2018, 04:29 AM

23 min are enough if your train arrives in time.
If not, all depends on your check in time. Autostradale Brescia - BGY airport buses run about every 2 hrs. Trains from Brescia to Bergamo run about every hr and leave Brescia often a bit later than the Autostradale bus. From Bergamo railway station, the airport can be reached by bus or taxi.
It's up to you to check whether you would still arrive in time with this solution which takes longer, of course!
Old Feb 3rd, 2018, 03:48 AM

I don't see why you think the authorities have "sanctioned" this. It sounds just like it's a random train that happens to be scheduled to arrive 23 minutes before the airport bus is scheduled to depart. Unless I'm missing something. The Brescia train station is not all that large, but it has a number of tracks and then you have to walk through the station, outside across a street and up some stairs if I remember correctly. I think it's to the right as you exit the station. Maybe you could google street map it so you are familiar with where they are in respect to each other. If you know where exactly you are going and are fairly quick about it then 23 minutes would be OK but if you have to wander around outside looking for which direction to go in, or you walk around to the front of the bus station rather than taking the direct route I could see it eating up more than 23 minutes. And if the next bus isn't for 2 hours, and you are trying to make a flight, I'm not sure I'd risk it.