TIME FOR SHOWER IN SINGAPORE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I am transiting in Changi Singapore tomorrow on route to UK. Do I have time for a shower with under 2 hrs before departure. Travelling WTP so cannot access qantas club. Thanks
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM

It will depend on (i) whether you land on time (ii) whether you will already have your onward boarding pass for your connection, as if not you will have to queue at the transfer desk, and lines can be long or short depending on whether you arrive at a busy time, and (iii) whether you have to change terminals from say Terminal 1 to new Terminal 3 which can be a longish walk and then train ride. I would say with 2 hours you should be able to have a shower, but the above factors will affect this. I believe you can take showers at the paid “VIP” lounges which are only in Terminal 1 and 2 at this point, see http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...hower_spa.html or http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/index.html for information.

You won’t of course be able to get to access to your check bags during transit, so you will have to have a change of clothes, etc with you in your carry-on bags. You also are not allowed large size liquids as a carry on from Singapore (and most likely from your originating destination), so you will only be able to have small size shampoo, shaving cream, etc in your carry-on which hopefully will be sufficient.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Fenima -

If time allows, you can take a shower at any of the Transit hotels located in Terminals 1, 2, & 3.

It'll set you back all of S $10 (give or take) and includes toiletries, towels and a bottle of water.

Just check at the front desk of any Transit Hotel in Changi Airport.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM

As others have said, depends on time, whether change terminals, if you have boarding pass etc, otherwise should be no problem, showers are excellent !
The facilities at Changi are so good I would not worry having any lounge access at all.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:10 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I was just on the Transit Hotel site booking a room for an upcoming trip. Seems there's a Transit Lounge in Terminal 3, but I'm not sure if you can pop in just for a shower. You CAN shower in the Transit Hotel in Terminal 1 & 2 for SGD $8.56 nett though - details here:

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/services_shower.htm