Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Thanks everybody! Leaving for Tokyo tomorrow:)

May 23rd, 2006, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

I want to thank each and every one for your kind advice regarding Tokyo! Thanks to you, I feel I'll be making the best out of the few days that I'm there. We are leaving Dulles on ANA tomorrow, I am very excited just for the flight itself!(get a life, right?

I have decided to stay in Tokyo for Friday and Sunday (Plus Thurs night/Mon am) and go to Kamakura/Enoshima on Saturday using the Free Kippu pass. We will go see some neon on the arrival night and then catch a late bite. Friday we'll do the fishmarket, then take the boat up to Asakusa, and then swing down to Akihabara. I'll be sure to let you know the highlights of this trip. We will be going to Bangkok and Northeastern Thailand as well. Again I think you all for helping out a first-timer to Tokyo. Wish us luck.

Regards,

Kurt
May 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
emd

Have a great trip! I was so excited the first time I landed in Tokyo. You have fun things planned and you'll have a great time. So you are flying ANA from Dulles, as we did a few wks ago. Are you in coach? If so, I hope you have good seat assignments. They have two seats alone together at back of the economy cabin and those are the seats to have if you are in coach (I found this out on the way back). And those great video screens on the back of every coach seat, and NO STOPS!!

I'll be interested in the Thailand portions of your trip also.

Have a blast!

emd, Eileen
May 23rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Eileen! Yes, were going coach, but two rows forward of the galley (?). I will keep in mind the last two seats for next trip in October(Having a traditional Thai marriage!). Thanks again,
Regards,

Kurt
May 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM

have a great trip Kurt. If you see Sushizanmai restaraunt in Tsukiji definitely try the unagi.
May 24th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Kurt:

Have a great trip! Keep us informed.

Aloha!
May 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM
emd

Just to be clear, it is not the last two seats- it is seats 54 A and C, and 54 H and K, and 55 A,C,H,K.

This is the ANA plane from IAD to Narita, so you can see the seating there:

http://www.seatexpert.com/_NH_772_ER.html

May 24th, 2006, 09:26 AM
emd

BTW, the cute petite flight attendants (yes, I am female, and these women are cute and petite, no doubt about it) on ANA are so friendly. I spent 45 min. talking w/one of them in the galley on our return flight, as she was going to be staying in D.C. for a few days for the first time and wanted some travel advice for her visit. Another nice thing is that they have a large bottle of water and juices and fruits and snacks out in the galley for the entire trip, and you can just go in and help yourself.
May 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM

I am so jealous. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Ange