Thailand trip possible in short time!??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. Thailand somehow has made an impression of a dream vacation for me and I want to make it possible one day before it's too late! I am single, male 34, living in Toronto. What I want to get out of this trip is to do sightseeing (temples, thai boxing, etc), adventure activities (scuba diving, elephant riding, etc.), meet and hang out with other locals and tourists (I think it's more meaningful if you share the above with others). So I really need your help here.
1) I have to be in LA Feb.25. Do you think it's possible and advisable to plan a trip to Thailand this quickly for Feb.5-Feb25?? (it will be cheaper to combine with this LA trip rather than later).
2) My main fear is that I may get lonely. I am a sociable guy but never traveled to such a foreign land by myself especially for almost 20 days! Do you think it's a good idea or wait to find a travel companion???

Please help....Thanks alot.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM

I would go for it! Sounds like your "plan" coincides with our trip in Feb.

Maybe you could meet up for a drink with me and my boyfriend? I always enjoy chatting with a fellow Canadian!

If you click on my name you will see the itinerary we have planned.

You could easily plan your trip in a month, especially with the suggetions of everyone on this forum!

Check out www.sawadee.com and www.asiarooms.com for accomodations. www.tripadvisor is a great place to read reveiws of hotels.

Good luck!

Tamara
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:54 PM

go for it....thais are easy to meet and friendly....especially to single guys with $$ to spend...not to scare you off...

there are plenty of singles, especially at the beach areas...there is so much to do, you will not miss peop0le...
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:33 PM

YOu can also combine your hotels/guest houses with some home stay options.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:36 PM

People are usually friendly around the swimming pool, tours and you have the option to be as chatty or not as you wish. Also, there is a mahout school in Lampang Elephant Conservation Camp - most people there seemed to be younger/low-mid 20s at college. I've found most scuba places that are more for dedicated scuba divers (this includes live aboards, are great places for communal meals and a chance to socialize.
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM

Please give us an update! Are you going to Thailand?
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you people. I am going for it. I will be there from Feb27-March 18. I have bought my ticket and am thinking of flying to Chiang Mai and then the islands for diving (probably Koh Samui/Koh Tao). That's all the plan! maybe i should start planning in detail. i would be happy to meet with other fellow travellers.

Do you recommend any itinerary or any advise?
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 03:17 PM

Try to get the Saturday market in Bankgok and the Sunday market in Chiang Mai.