Reload this Page >

thailand onward ticket

Search

thailand onward ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 08:40 AM
orgy7

thailand onward ticket

I bought a one way ticket too bangkok but found out that I may need an onward ticket out of thailand.. I will be aplying for a 60 day visa... yesterday I bought a No penalry one way plane ticke to los Angales.. which I don't plan too use.. <BR><BR>will I have too buy extra legs too no where every time I make a round trip flight from Bangkok. . <BR><BR>will the imigration official in thailand be suspicious when they see I have a exta leg too KL then no proof of leaving KL.. or will they not care. as long as you have proof your leaving thailand. <BR><BR> thanks

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 11:11 AM
KJ

Hi-<BR>This is common for travel agents to tell you. Ultimately, it really depends on what country you are from and the mood of the gate agent that day.<BR>In 1998 my husband and I did a RTW trip. We flew one way all they way to KL with multiple stops along the way. No problems.<BR>We crossed overland into Thailand and made multiple RT flying in and out of Bangkok over 3-4 months. Again, no problem.<BR>We booked one way tickets from Bangkok to London and were told by the travel agent we might have a problem.<BR>At the airport they asked us for our tickets back to the US and we said we'd be buying them in London. They hesitated and we got nervous, but they let us on the plane and we had no problems entering the UK.

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 04:35 PM
orgy7

KJ<BR>thanks for the response. <BR><BR>I probably would of had more responses if I posted &quot;what kind of shoes sould I wear too tackle this problem&quot; <BR>

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Kj

LOL, you're probably right!<BR>Hey, if you want to read about my trip go to http://www.wired2theworld.com<BR>Have a great time on your trip!

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 09:03 AM
JamesA

Travel agents always tell you this and I admit that even some airline check in staff have once or twice asked about it. The bottom line is that there is no 'law' that says to travel you have to FLY. Most countries stipulate that you should have an onward travel ticket OR proof of financial means ( e.g Credit card, travellers checks ). I have never ever been asked for an onward ticket in over 30 years traveling around Asia except once at Bali airport.<BR>Imagine someone flying to a country to join a cruise, or as many do going to Thailand travel onwards by train or bus to other countries.<BR>Don't worry about it, IF any airline ticket agent questions it just smile and say you are going onwards by train, again, there is no law saying you 'have to' fly.