Reload this Page >

Emirates- London-Bangkok

Search

Emirates- London-Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Pat

Emirates- London-Bangkok

Have been offered a good price fot this flight, with a 3 hour change-over in Dubai. First question is , what are the standards I can expect inflight? Secondly, and forgive my ignorance, but would Dubai be a dubious stopover point given the current situation in the middle east?

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Sarah Rey

Emirates wins awar after award. You will have personal seatback TV and phone, great food. Dubai is one of the world's best airports and is totally safe. Emirates fly from Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester and even Birmingham! You will probably be surprised at the size of the airport and how busy it is. One of the cheapest and best duty frees anywhere.<BR>Fra better choice than BA!

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Pat

thanks Sarah<BR>but do I get all that in economy? Sounds too good to be true!

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Hanuman

I've check this route that Emirates fly before and have found that the Bkk - Dubai - Lhr route does have awkward departure time. I think it leaves Bangkok after midnight and you have to transit at 4 or 5 am in Dubai before arriving in London. Basically you will not be able to really get a good sleep on the flight with a total flying time of over 12 hours + 3 hours transit.

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 01:18 PM
fiona

Hanuman<BR>have just booked this flight and dept time from BK is 20.25. Arrives in Dubai at 23.45 and is 3 hours before the London connection. I am looking at the 3 hours positively- it certainly breaks up the long haul journey and have never been to Dubai airport.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 09:12 AM
JamesA

I can tell you that a 5.45-6hr sector, few hours break then a 7 hr sector is fine. Emirates and Gulf Air are very popular to and from the UK, their service is far better than British Airways or even Thai, yes, you get countless movie and entertainment channels, even a telephone at your seat, food is brilliant. Crew are great, from various nationalities. On your way back to UK go to the duty-free supermarket in Dubai, you will find absolute bargains, from caviar down to simple items, you will see people loading bags full of stuff. You can also get a shower etc, it's the Gulf regions answer to Singapore'sChangi if that helps. They fly 5 times a day from Dubai to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Always use them to Europe or if I can't get a seat Gulf Air.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 09:13 AM
JamesA

The supermarket is 'in' the airport, of course alcohol, perfumes etc also dirt cheap.