Search

Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates

I am flying London to Bangkok on Emirates and was wondering how they compare with BA or Quantas? We are flying economy.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:12 PM

I have not flown Emirates but my son flew from Dubai to Sydney with them in June last year and said it was absolutely wonderful - and he usually never says anything is wonderful. I am sure that they certainly try to be as good, if not better, than the rest because of competition. He also said that the food was wonderful. Presumably you will get to go through Dubai and according to him the shopping is absolutely wonderful.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 12:20 AM

Fiona,<BR>The Emirates have a very good reputation. Everybody I know who has used them is raving about.<BR>Incidentally, next time I'll travel to Asia, I'll try to fly with them, rather than with Thai, although they are good as well.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:20 AM

Very very good indeed. Seat back TVs, food in Economy/coach is excellent. The stopover in Dubai is great too. You will suffer less jaet lag , the sectors are about 7hrs 45 and then about 5 hrs 50, you get to Bangkok about lunchtime local time, about breakfast time on your body's 'home clock' so it's easy to adjust. I would choose them over BA/Qantas anyday. Do go into the Supermarket at Dubai on your return, they have toiletery items at dirt cheap prices, I always stock up on razor-blades for a year!, very cheap prices so just don't think about the normal drinks/cigs/perfume, check the supermarket too!
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

thanks for all the replies. I flew with BA from Bangkok before and was happy enough with them except I found it to be a little too hot for my liking, making it slightly uncomfortable. <BR>Yes I am flying through Dubai. We have 3 hours in Dubai both ways and I am hoping, as James said, that I will suffer less jet lag. It will certainly break up the monotony- I love going to far off places , I just do not enjoy the journey!