thailand hotel advice

Oct 4th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

thailand hotel advice

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are going to go Thailand for 10 days in mid-October. I am thinking of going to Phuket.

I am looking for on the beach luxury accommodations with private jacuzzi and preferably number of good restaurants.

I want this to be a real nice room as we will probably end up spending a lot if time in the room.

Any ideas? Budget is about 200USD/night.

Thanks.
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:17 AM

Try www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com, there are still quite a lot of promotions and free night offers until end of October, you can choose several choices to find what's available, no need for credit card at all at that stage, they will check what is available, let you know, then you have a few days to decide, only then do you need to 'pay'/give you credit card info.

Do look for those free night offers but also note whther breakfast is included, sometimes for the free night they charge for breakfast but most work out at excellent deals anyway.

Decide on beach first, whether you want very quiet, mid quiet or lively, lots of the places with pool villas etc 'tend' to be in quieter areas.
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:26 AM

Note that rooms with Jacuzzi and Pool Villa prices are high and you might be hard pushed to find such even low season, even the Evason which does not have a good beach and quiet part of the island is $300++, Pool 'access' room at the Sheraton might be just on your price but that is a remote area, although some nice restaurants it's a way from the busier beaches ( busier beach=more restaurants, shopping etc )
Oct 5th, 2005, 05:44 AM

You might also check out Mom Tri's Villa Royale. It is very private, very luxe, and in a very quiet area but is close to great dining and shopping.

I have stayed in villas twice, and was anxious to show the place to a friend on a visit to Phuket just a week ago. Friend said that this would be the ideal place for honeymooners. He will try to stay there on his next visit to Phuket. The pictures just don't do the place justice.

Carol
Oct 7th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

I checked some web sites. Here is what I see:

Mom' Tri Villa Royale Deluxe Studio - $160

Kata Thani, Grand Suite - $150

Club Bamboo Penthouse Suite - $150

Banyan Tree Jacuzzi Villa - $300

Sheraton Laguna - $120

I was leaning toward Kata Thani. I am not seeing availability for it now though. I may still try for it.

Any suggestions out of these?
Oct 7th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

I also saw Mangosteen for $160. This is for their best villa with a jacuzzi. The room looks nice but you need to take their bus to the beach (6 min.). Anyone know about this place or the others I listed?