thai wedding at the rayavadee

Old Jun 19th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thai wedding at the rayavadee

i thought I'd share our experience of getting married out in thailand - as I know when we were looking for an tropical venue these forums were a good source of info.

We took a dozen friends out to Krabi to stay at the beautiful Railay and Phra Nang beaches, and organised a wedding blessing at the rayavadee. We went out there in mid February 2005 - not long after the tsunami and they were still clearing up a bit, but we felt good to be the first party of guests at the resort - and the first wedding to be held there in 2005. Most people had cancelled their reservations and so there were only another 3 or 4 couples at the resort (they siad they had been 80% occupancy but pretty much everyone cancelled and went elsewhere).

The place was still being fixed up a bit - the pool was being retiled and work was going on at two of the restaurants and in some of the villas. Because part of the resort was out of operation we were all upgraded to spa pavillions which was nice, and the costs were reduced for us.

We had a wedding blessing in the grotto, followed by a procession down the beach and then a dinner on the terrace under the stars over looking the deserted bay.

It was all absolutely stunning, and the staff were so good to us and joined in the celebration. The attention to detail was amazing - flowers everywhere, service was discrete but fantastic.

We don't get to stay in many places of the Rayavadee standard, but were certainly made to feel very comfortable and welcome. The wedding planner - Garnshai was very good to us, and the rest of the staff were great.

If anyone's thinking of getting married somewher out in THailand - I'd highly recommend it. I know it's expensive, but for a small group of intimate friends. we found it to be an experience everyone will remember for a long time. Given how much it costs for a standard wedding in the UK - the option of taking just a small slect group ofclose friends away for an experience like that was to us a much better idea.

anyway - that's just our experience, hope it helps.

rob & gail
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 02:07 PM

Lovely, glad it worked out great.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about your experience with the Rayavadee. My fiancee and I are planning to get married in Thailand in December and were looking at either Phuket or the Rayavadee.

I was wondering if I could contact you with further questions about your experience. Has anyone else had a wedding at the Rayavadee?

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 06:28 PM

I am trying to plan a wedding for only the two of us at Rayavadee for November, I tried to contact the hotel for the last 3 months and no answer... It is my dream to get married there... Anyone knows a wedding planner there that can give me his information, email address . Or give my to them : [email protected] ... Any help and advices are very welcome and appreciated ! Thanks
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 06:43 PM

fgk, you've pulled up a post from 2005. If you want some help, you need to post your own thread here. But really, if you are just trying to contact the wedding planner at the Rayavadee, why not call the hotel?
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 06:45 PM

Go thru Leading Hotels of the World....Lhw.com
Rayavadee is special. It will be a lovely wedding.
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 01:23 AM

Call the hotel - I see no reason why you would go through some booking agent for this, and even if you did would suggest dealing with a local one in Thailand, but as Kathie has said call the Rayavadee ( note time difference ) and speak to the F&B Department or events Manager