Taking Video Camera to Thailand

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - we are leaving this Sunday for our tour to Thailand and up until this point had not planned on taking our video camera with us.

But now I am thinking about it and wanted to know if it is just an added hassel to worry about - or is it worth taking. It is a small dvd camera so weight shouldn't be a problem.

Another question is - do you get charged everywhere you go to take it in??? If so - how much?
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:37 PM

I think whether or not to bring it is up to you.

Very few places charge extra for a camera, of any sort. The only one that comes to mind is the royal barge museum in Bangkok. Note that there are a few places (Emerald Buddha chapel, Vimanmek mansion interior) where cameras are not allowed at all.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:38 PM

I don't believe that there are any fees for videos for the main public attractions like Wats or Palaces. Certain private places might charge a fee or will not allow video to be taken.

I always take my video camera with me when I travel and as you say it is not that heavy and cumbersome. Another added bonus is that some of your hotel rooms might have DVD players so you can watch your videos while you're here.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Michael and I replied at the same time so I just wanted to add that even at the places that you're not allow to take videos of pictures of the interior, the grounds or the exterior is still worth it. In another word - do bring your video camera!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 09:56 PM

If you don't take it, I think there will be many occassions when you will be thinking 'wish I'd brought my camcorder'! I allways take mine, it's not any hassle.
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much for replying! we just never have taken it on trips as of yet- but they've never been as amazing a place as thailand so therefore the confusion. thanks for making my decision easy - we are taking it!