Search

Switch Hotels After Tokyo Disney?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switch Hotels After Tokyo Disney?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are going to Tokyo for 8 days/7 nights in November. We are spending 3 days at Tokyo Disney and I'm planning on booking 4 nights at the Hyatt Tokyo Bay since they have a free park shuttle. However, it's in a residential area that's far from city center. What are your thoughts/opinions on switching hotels for the last 3 nights to the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in Shinjuku?

I need to stay at Hyatt hotels because I'm booking the rooms with Hyatt points. We are in our early-30s and want to take advantage of the last 3 nights to see as much of the city as we can. TIA!
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 06:21 PM

I would definitely go back into Tokyo for the last three days!
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 07:22 PM

Staying in Shinjuku would put you in the heart of Tokyo as compared to out over at Tokyo Disney or at Hyatt Tokyo Bay (which would be rather inconvenient regardless of the free shuttle).
Definately reccommend staying in Shinjuku to get ther real "feel" of Tokyo. Though the Hyatt Regency is in a more quiet part of Shinjuku with lots of office towers, parks, and broad streets, its only abut a 10 minute walk or so to all the madness of the Shinjuku Station area, and from here just about every part of the city can easily be accessed via train or subway. Its also worth considering the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku if available (its where they filmed "Lost in Translation")
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 08:13 PM
kja

IMO, yes.
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 10:09 PM

I would definitely go back into the city. I was at Disney Sea, summer before last, and which is in the same complex with Tokyo Disneyland, and was staying in the city and commuted there. But, my hotel is next to Tokyo Station in Marrounuchi and the entrance to the train area was only about a 5-minute walk and then a direct train to the train station where one gets off at Tokyo Disneyland/ Disney Sea. Plus, it only took something like 25 minutes to get there I think it was. I spent longer than that commuting to some areas within Tokyo proper.

Happy Travels!
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 03:02 PM

I really like the Hyatt Regency. I've stayed there at least three times.They have a shuttle to Shinjuku station. It is on top of a subway station. Airport limo-bus stop. Short walk to the Metro Govt building for the views.
It is worth the extra point for a club room, imo. I've stayed in the regular rooms and they are ok. The club floor room last time was very nice. Maybe it was nicer because of the low-tier status that I got with a credit card. One time I could see Fuji-san from my room. The Regency Club has good food and drinks.
Great staff.
I wanted a taxi to Kabukicho from the hotel and the uniformed woman waved up the taxi that was next. She asked where I wanted to go and I told her Kabukicho. Then I told her "Gojira" and she understood and told the taxi driver where to go. He dropped me on the street that leads to the Godzilla head and the restaurant that I wanted. That was a quick ride and I think it was only 500 yen (less than 700 for sure).
There is nice park across the road. Go out the back of the hotel, turn left, and take the pedestrian bridge.