First time tokyo - Tokyo Disney Sea?

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 12:41 PM
FirstTimeTokyo

First time tokyo - Tokyo Disney Sea?

Hi,
My family will be in Tokyo for about 6 days for the first time. We're from southern cal and always loved Disneyland as a family. We heard from a friend that there's a brand new Disney park (DisneySea?) opening in Tokyo. Has anyone been there personally? Has it opened yet?
Thanks.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Nick

Hi
Disneysea has just opened. I'm also looking for more info on both Disneysea and Disneyland but so far no one has replied. All I know is Tokyo is terribly expensive. Where will you be staying? I'm plannning a Dec trip there - had to cancel my orlando Disney world holiday!!

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 07:46 PM
FirstTimeTokyo

Actually our trip is next May, so we still have a while to go. We'll be staying with a friend just outside of Tokyo, not too far from Disneyland. So fortunately, we'll not have to worry about hotels, which I understand is quite expensive.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 12:07 AM
raihi

I am flying over to tokyo in december too! Probably on the 3rd or 5th of December 2001.
As I am going alone and will be exploring the country myself, I need more information on the JR system.
I will be visiting Akihabara, Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ueno and Tsukuba.
Anyone could provide me some quality information?

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 02:19 AM
Florence

Bonjour Raihi,

How long are you going to stay ? Outside of Tokyo (Akihabara, Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ueno) and Tsukuba, where do you plan to travel ? Why Tsukuba and what do you expect to see there ?

What exactly would you like to know about the JR system ? All in all, the Japanese railway system will take you almost anywhere, safely and on time. A 7 or 14 days railpass can be a great save on your transportation budget if you plan on visiting cities outside of Tokyo, but don't make the mistake of changing cities everyday: you'll spend more time visiting train stations and hotel lobbies than the country itself ;->. Japan can be cold at this time of year, small hotels and ryokans are not well heated, so plan for enough warm clothing, but don't pack too much since there are lots of stairs and trains don't have much storage space.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, if I can.

Have fun planning and even more going there.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 02:25 AM
Raihi

Hi Florence. Thanks for you fast reply.
I has started a thread. Please take a look. Thanks in advance. (^_^)

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:53 PM
simon tooke

probably long lineups, you're better off
seeing something you can't get at home.