Smars Tours

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Dolores Juergens

Smars Tours

Has anyone traveled to Asia via Smars tours out of New york? They have a best of the Orient tour.It is reasonable in price, but I am wondering about it. Can anyone share information?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 04:20 PM
clair

Haven't been on the Best of the Orient tour, but we did take SmarTours Amazing Thailand tour and the Vietnam tour and both were great. Interesting people to travel with, good guides, hotels and meals (when they were provided). It still amazes us that they can provide so much for so little money. We are heading to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji with them soon.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 04:18 AM
susan

Smartours also gets my vote. I have been on 2 tours with them and thought they did a great job. Contrary to the old saying, with Smartours you actually get more than what you pay for.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Norma

I have been on smarTours "Best of the Orient" tour.Had a great time. Good value and just as good as other more expensive tours. Actually, smarTours many times has better hotels than the others. We also went with them to Fiji, Australia and New Zealand. I recommend them.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 08:32 AM
Tabetha

can anyone tell me the demographic of the travelers with this tour company? i'm a single 30-yr old woman -- are there people of all ages on these trips, or is it mostly couples? thanks!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 09:33 AM
susan

Tabetha, I agree with everyone else, Smartours is great. On the tours I took with them there was a nice range of ages. Some teens with their parents, some in their 20s, 30s, 40s, all the way to 70s. We had couples and singles (the singles were in their 20s and 30s). Actually, their seemed to be more younger and singles on the Smartours trips then on others I have taken with more expensive companies.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 03:25 PM
Maria

Glad to hear all the positive reviews of Smar Tours. Their prices are so low, I was concerned about quality. Has anyone taken a trip with Grand Circle Travel? If so, how were they? Thanks

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:24 PM
jkgourmet

Grand Circle Travel caters to an older crowd -- retirement age. If that's what you are looking for, I've heard from many that they do a good job, reputable, reasonably priced. Though not necessarily the bargain that Smartours seems to be. However, I don't think that GCT charges EXTRA if you pay by credit card (my one pet peeve with Smartours -- but I admit, I booked anyway and paid cash.)