Singapore with kids

Search

Singapore with kids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore with kids

My family are looking to spend one week in Singapore followed by a lovely week on a beach. The children will be 8 and 12. Any ideas please.
Thanks
Old Dec 26th, 2016, 09:38 AM
kja

The zoo, including the night safari, and the Jurong Bird Park are worth considering, IMO. A good guidebook or two should give you lots of ideas. Enjoy!
Old Dec 30th, 2016, 03:12 PM

The little boat tours on the river from the vicinity of Clark Quay are pleasant (not exciting, though.) Subways are always an attraction for kids who are not used to them. If they are adventurous diners, the food courts that have replaced (or centralized) the street food stalls can challenge young palates, especially if they have done their own Internet research in advance. These modern and sanitary installations only look, but not taste, like the counters at your home-town mall.
Old Dec 31st, 2016, 12:37 AM

Hi surich, one thing you absolutely must do is the Singapore Duck tour. The vehicles that are used are amphibious, so you do a (very average) tour on land (I am not excited by colonial architecture, coming from Australia), but then the vehicle drives down to the water ... and straight in! This is followed by a tour of the sights on the river, which IMO gives a good perspective of Singapore, and is a lot of fun. My daughter, who admittedly is a lot younger, got a great kick out of this tour, but even all the adults were smiling. The Duck then returns you to the shopping centre that it takes off from.

We also spent a little time in the mall attached to the Marina Bay Sands hotel (think air conditioning), and there is a nice skating rink there that might hold some attraction for your kids. Although I didn't road test it on my daughter as she was a bit young when we were there last, I can also attest that the Night Safari at the zoo is really very good and worth a visit.

Singapore also has beaches - if you make the trip out to Sentosa you could stay there for a few days.

Lavandula
Old Jan 1st, 2017, 01:28 AM

You can take the cable car to Sentosa, be warned it's pretty high. There is an Universal studios there on Sentosa, my wife and son have been there a couple of times and seem to enjoy it
Old Jan 4th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for suggestions they sound good. Seems plenty to keep them happy.
Old Jan 14th, 2017, 06:45 AM

There's a new Harry Potter themed cafe open in NE Singapore...might be fun to stop in...
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/201...-goblets-fire/