Singapore airlines BKK-SIN fare?

Old Jun 26th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Original Poster

Singapore airlines BKK-SIN fare?

Hi, Fodorites! Booking RT air BKK-SIN late Feb departing on Mon-returning on Fri-is $310 a good price on Singapore airlines?
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 06:27 AM

No idea - but if it's USD (and of course it is) sounds outrageous

Have you looked to see if any of the newer airlines fly that route?

They must do !! try google "singapore bangkok cheap flights".

Easy.

Silk Air, Asia Air - jeez I don't have the details - yours to research.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 07:11 AM

also take a look at air asia....$129 r.t. when i looked recently...
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 07:35 AM

If you want to fly Singapope Airlines, that price is about right.

No question, Air Asia is very cheap. Just make sure you are willing to abide by their rules (no changes, no refunds, low baggage allowance, no assigned seating, etc.)

Silk Air (mentioned above) is a subsidiary of Singapore Air. It really isn't a budget airline. It does not fly any of the routes that Singapore Air flies, such as Singapore to Bangkok, but does travel from Singapore to less traveled destinations such as Mataram (Lombok) Solo (Java) and Siem Reap.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM

That's quite outrageous. There are usually specials on this route with prices as low as $100 from Singapore Air. There are also a lot of European airlines that have cheap fares on this route, such as SAS and Luftansa.

This may be one of those times when it may be better to wait until you get to Bangkok to book the ticket, if you've got a few days here before you go to Singapore.
Old Jun 26th, 2007, 08:15 PM

I fly that route annually and the price is right if it's Singapore Air...even Bangkok Air has been in that price range.
If you have time to do what Michael has suggested then I'd try that. However, I don't have those options when I'm flying the route and I have to book it and be 100% sure that I'm on a flight and a dependable flight that will get me there exactly when I need to be there. I don't have flexibility on dates/times. It's not uncommon for that price range...$310... to be sold out, then it jumps and REALLY gets expensive. So, you'll have to decide if you want to wait and chance getting on a flight with a lower fare. It all depends on your personal situation. Happy Travels!
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Tiger airways they are very good flew them a couple of years ago SIn- KBV verrrry cheap and suprisinhly good for a budget airline. The do BKK - SIn i am sure of it.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM

Jet Star Asia is another budget carrier on the BKK - SG route that is actually quite nice. Their food (which you do have to pay for) has actually gotten some good reviews.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 06:01 PM

Correction...I meant...Thai Air...not Bangkok Air...Happy Travels!
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. After researching, I found Tiger air but made me a little nervous as from the regs it seemed that guaranteed passage was not promised. Here is my situation, I have a 6am return flight to the US the following am [part of my package air-long story] out of BKK-staying at the airport Novotel. For peace of mind, I need to be 100% certain of that Sin-BKK return flight the previous day. So...what airline would you choose? Wondering if Singapore air might be worth the peace of mind. Thx again.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again. I did look at Jet Star asia & they did not fly on the days I need them or there was no availability. Here is the situation; I need to be able to depend on that return SIN-BKK flight as the following am I have my return international flight-long story-part of my pkg air-staying at the BKK airport Novotel. So
which airline would you choose? Looked at Tiger air but they had a clause in the regs that made me nervous-something about they did not guarantee passage or?
Thx again-your insight is invaluable!
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 11:35 AM

not sure about the clause but maybe all airlines have that?. i would suggest they are reputable i mean after all they are singaporean... We found them excellent and have you seen how cheap the flights to and from BKK are??? Also there are 2 flights a day, book on the morning one so if there are any issues you could get transfered to the evening flight. We found them EXCELLENT and i flew several airlines when in Thailand and Singapore.
BE- AWARE they stritcly enforce their baggage allowance but it cost me S$90 for about 15kilos over (i think) I knew this when i booked and it wasn't an issue.
I would definately use them again.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM

I wonder if the clause you saw is one written in because they will not transfer you to another airline if their flight doesn't go for any reason. Id I were really worried about it, I would fly Singapore or Thai Air (as they will transfer you to another anirline if nee be). I'd take a morning flight in case there was a problem so there would be plenty of options to transfer to and still get to Bangkok.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:50 PM

I'm in your situation annually and I just go ahead and book with either Singapore Air or Thai Air and then I don't have to worry about it because it's going to cost me a WHOLE lot more if I miss my interntional flight home. Happy Travels!