Search

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Cost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Cost

Hi friendly fodorites,
Am I going to do better than $190/nite (for a 1 nite stay only) for SGS toward the end of Jan07. It is for their basic room and does not include taxes or breakfast. I can't find any rate any better on any other site, so this is the rate the hotel is giving me directly. Do you think I should wait in hopes that lower rates appear? I don't think they will tho since this is high season. Last question - good value for the $$$?
Thanx so much for any guidance. I'm really leaning toward taking it for my last night in Bangkok before heading back to Phx. I just keep envisioning myself lounging in their pool my last day there.
Warm Regards
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 08:58 AM

That's a pretty good rate - better than the $220/nt rate on the Starwood website. I don't think you will do much better.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:12 AM

The hotel rate at $190 would be about $224 with taxes/service charge. Most of the agents sites do not have the high season rate for this hotel as yet and one I could find (below) offers a deluxe room without breakfast for $205 net or with breakfast for $221. But this is on a prepaid basis. Great hotel.

http://www.asia-discovery.com/BKKHotel.htm
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:40 AM

You can travel one skytrain stop from the Sheraton(1minute-15seconds) to the Prom Phong skytrain station and stay at the Emporium Suites(emporiumsuites.com) for quite a bit less in a 65 square meter studio with kitchen. The pool/tropical garden area is beautiful. Plus, there's a state-of-the-art gym and and Clarins spa. The serviced apartment building is attached to the Emporium shopping mall and the skytrain station with tons of stores,restaurants,grocery store,food court, movie theater etc...it can't be more convenient and especially for only a one-day stay. Plus, the Bangkok Bank is attached to the apartment building. It's 5-star serviced apartment building. Most hotel rooms are about 40 square meters big. Then you could skytrain over to the Shearaton for a meal at Basil. Smiles. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:43 AM

i just took a look at asia rooms for a reference and they do not have the rates up yet for the fall/winter for sheraton grande, but they do have $190 all inclusive right now and i was amazed that it was that much...so the fall winter rate will be $30 more or so i am guessing....but it includes the 17.7% tax/service and also breakfast...for one nite why not stay on the river or someplace cheaper....i think the westin across the street may even be cheaper and maybe the jw marriott using the discounters...i will look for those two for you

my advice would be to make the res with sheraton now if it is able to be cancelled and wait until oct/nov and check the discount sites....undoubtably you will get a cheaper room in the fall...

also sheraton often has specials on their starwoods website....especially if you are to be there on a weekend or if you are a senior citizen??
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:45 AM

asia rooms has the jw marriott for jan right now for $167 inclusive for single or double but no rates for westin...breakfast it says, if available but i don't know what that means...??
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 05:41 PM

Precision Reservations doesn't return a rate for January yet either, but I tried December and the rate then is $137 a night (no breakfast & no tax). With taxes its around 160.

My bet would be that the rates for January would be the same. Hotels here usually don't adjust their rates mid-season. At Precision Reservations, if you talk to their online agent you may be able to book a room now at the current rate.
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanx all for your responses. I have tried a couple of the recommendations and have decided to go ahead and book now thru the hotel @ $190 with the ability to cancel if something better comes along.
Again - thank you all for your effort and research on my behalf.
Warm Regards