Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Seamless three-week trip with Castle and King, India

Nov 25th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Dnf
Original Poster

We just returned from a three-week trip and I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to Castle and King for a wonderful job! We decided to use this company based on recommendations found right here on Fodor's and I am glad we did. We flew into Delhi and out of Mumbai (from the US) and had a few domestic flights within India. We stayed in Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Ranthambore, Udaipur, Jaipur, Kumarakom, Thekkady and on a houseboat in Alleppey before heading to Mumbai. We had a personal driver and a guide each step of the way. We were always met at airports by the company representative. The cars were extremely comfortable with water, snacks and cooled washcloths. Our guides spoke great English and helped us get wonderful pictures. They walked us through markets, acted as translators at times, gave us space and privacy when needed and pretty much made us feel like our happiness and satisfaction were their utmost priority. Arvind Singh is the company president and he remained in-touch the entire trip, even meeting us with a gift in one of the cities we visited. If there was a problem, we WhatsApped them and got an instant response.

My husband and I are mid-forties and we have traveled to Asia before, Africa, Europe, South, and Central America, etc. and we have always traveled independently. For some reason, I was intimidated by India and wanted to use a tour company. I am so glad to have chosen Caste and King and would definitely do so again in a heartbeat.

We were able to take a boat ride at dawn on the Ganges, and spend some quiet time at the Taj as we were one of the first to enter upon opening. We had 3 game drives where we spotted tigers each time. We build in a day to enjoy the Leela Udaipur which was directly on the lake and we enjoyed the deluxe houseboat on the backwaters of Kerala. It was wonderful and the friendliness of all the people was magical. We truly enjoyed our time in India.

Thanks Manoj, Arvind, Krishnan, Nadeem, Sopan! you made the trip Incredible!!
Nov 25th, 2019, 06:09 PM

Very enticing. How big a tour group was it?
Nov 25th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Dnf
Original Poster

It was just me and the hubby, which was nice because we were able to spend more time at the sights we loved and less time at ones we didnít enjoy as much. For e.g. I wanted to spend a little longer at the Ganges in the morning and we were able to do that. For the evening Aarti service, I was ready to leave before it ended and we could do that too. It was very nice.
Nov 26th, 2019, 06:42 AM

Wow!
Thank you for the TR and the pics are beautiful!
Larry
Nov 29th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Thanks so much for posting your TR and the beautiful photos!