Castle and King for India tour

Old Aug 25th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Castle and King for India tour

Has anyone used this company recently, are they reliable and do they provide a good service? How does one go about paying them?
Any comments would be gratefully received before i book our trip
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 01:05 AM

Hi fiomar

Castle and King are a local new delhi based operator. You may also want to check with some other operators (like TCI , Cox & Kings etc ) to check out. You should ideally be able to pay them online. Quite a few of them have US/UK contact numbers for taking payment. hope this helps.

Regards
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 05:37 AM

Have you done a search here? I know there have been reports about Castles and Kings.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 05:42 AM

i used them a couple of years ago....they were fantastic....they allowed me to book some hotels as well as hotels they had booked...

i paid by credit card after i arrived in delhi, but received a stiff fee from their bank for doing so....i think they have new options now, just ask them....

their driver was amongst the best i have ever had... the guides were excellent as well...

they are easy to work with

click on my name and you will be able to see my trip report, which is part of a trip report to thailand as well...
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 06:59 AM

BTW, I'm not sure why Dharmesh thinks Castles and Kings is new... I remember meeting people who had just traveled through India with them more than 20 years ago...
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 07:43 AM

I think he meant New Delhi, but didn't capitalize it.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 07:46 AM

Kathie, honestly ,I have not come across the name at all in India ! and I have lived in India nearly all my life. there are quite a few other names that come to my mind when talking tour operators ! Stand corrected, I do. We have always dealt with the local ' State Tourism ' departments and got a good deal from them and hence, maybe !
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 10:32 AM

We already booked our Rajasthan tour with castle & King in the month of Nov and we are very happy with their services. We made 30% of tour payment through bank transfer.

After reading the tour report of Mr. bob we were in contact with Castle & King.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 06:23 PM
CFW

We also used Castle & King, on Bob's recommendation, and they were excellent. Our contact was Arvind, who is the owner. Very honest, reliable and easy to work with, and the service was exceptional. I also liked that they were very flexible as Bob says. We booked some things ourselves, and they booked others. The guides also accommodated things that we wanted to do and see rather than insisting on a set itinerary or schedule. For example, in Jodhpur we wanted to go to a small town, Osian, to see some unique temples instead of something else that had been scheduled, and the guide and driver were more than happy to accommodate, and also suggested a good place to stop for lunch and have a camel ride, which was great fun.

It was a great trip, and we'd love to go back to see other parts of India.