Sayounara...maybe..

Search

Sayounara...maybe..

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sayounara...maybe..

Less the 24hrs before I make my departure to Japan and I think I've forgotten everything I've learned on Fodors ... Maybe it's butterflies in my stomach from a sense of under preparedness. A sense that arose from over-calculating details that may never surface. It's driving me nuts. Never felt that way at all when flying to cities throughout Europe. Kinda feel like I'm still missing something....

I was hoping Fodors woulda had a nice ebook on Japan that I could enjoy or cram into my brain on my flight, but no luck. Anywho, thanks for all the help everyone.
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:36 PM
emd

BigFeat: I am so excited for you! Did you see mrwunrfl's post late last night about his airline adventure? He should just be leaving JFK about now. And tomorrow this time you'll be on the way too! You both are so lucky. I have to wait til next March. Don't worry, I think it will be ok. Everyone who posts on here says they thought beforehand that it would be much harder than it turned out to be, esp. the transportation. I know you have the vegetarian part to deal w/too, but it will a challenge and you'll do it. I think you will get more help over there than you think. If you need help, you can get to an internet cafe and email on here, or get online to look at maps, etc. Do your htoels/ryokans have internet access? KimJapan and others will help out I'm sure. Let go now, and start to enjoy it. There's nothing else to do but have the adventure now. I think mrwunrfl felt some of this (and he's traveled there a few times). Check out his post about JAL- last post was mine, I just topped it a few minutes ago. That feeling that it's all going to unravel somehow after all your planning and obsession and anticipation. But it won't unravel- it will just be a great adventure, no matter what happens. Sending positive vibes from here- Eileen (emd)
P.S. I want you to send me a version of this email when I am freaking out next March, ok?
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:38 PM
emd

p.s.s.- if you want to see what I mean, mrwunrfl's post is on the airline forum, not asia.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

emd: I think I'm setting down now. I think most of the awkwardness came in part of sleepless nights. My girlfriend on the other hand is calm and collected. I will have free broadband internet connection in my hotel room so I should be able to get on Fodors then.. Other than that, maybe I'm ready to go after all. I've been following the weather out there and it seems there is rain in the forecast for the upcoming days. It's warm enough with cool nights. Thanks for the pick me up.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
emd

You are fortunate to have a calm and collected woman as your travel companion! I hope my son can feel like that next March.