Sawadee booking

Jun 24th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Sawadee booking

I have confirmed and paid a hotel booking with Sawadee. They have sent me a mail that confirms that the payment has been made, but I was expecting something like a hotel voucher... Does Sawadee usually send a voucher or is that mail enough for check-in?
I have mailed them my question, but have not received anything by now.
Many thanks.
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:18 PM

When I booked with them I received a voucher after having paid in full. If you've only paid a deposit you won't get the voucher yet. The voucher was e-mailed to me along with a seperate receipt for payment.

That said, the person I e-mailed with was also slow to reply, and although I had purchased their cancellation insurance option, in order to get my refund I had to dispute the charge with AMEX, and after I did that I got a nasty e-mail from the rep telling me "don't contact your credit company again. Your refund has been processed."

I had booked through the r24 site that uses the same system as sawadee - a person named Edie recommended here. Not sure who you have booked through, as many, many agents use the sawadee system.
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Original Poster

In fact, they call "deposit" to my payment, although it is the total amount of the booking. So, considering your experience, I guess they will send me a voucher. I am a bit concerned, because I leave to Thailand next Friday and there is not so much time left...
Thanks a lot.
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:33 PM

I received the voucher at virtually the same time as the confirmation of payment in full.

Maybe you need to go into your reservation and process a $0 amount for payment in full to trip the system to send your voucher?
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

I have tried it and it seems to have worked! I have got something like a voucher, with all the details of my booking and with a "nothing to pay yet". I guess that this will serve me as a voucher. Do you think so?
I am very grateful for your patience and your help.
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM

I'm not sure if that's the right thing or not. The voucher clearly stated it was a voucher to be given to the hotel. Maybe it has changed, I don't know. I'd send another few e-mails to your contact person, and bring along all of your receipts with you to the hotel. You might also want to contact the hotel and be sure they have your booking the day before you check in.
Jun 25th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

I am going to send another mail to Sawadee and, in a couple of days, I will contact the hotel...
I have booked my stays in another places in Thailand through Directrooms and they did send me a voucher by mail. And I have received a voucher every time I have booked in Europe.
I hope Sawadee answers my mail, I am worried about it...
Thanks again.
Jun 26th, 2006, 04:51 AM

I'm sorry (and troubled) to hear about your experience. I have used them 3 times, without incident.
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:00 AM

I'm wondering whether the email IS your voucher. I've used a number of different booking agencies, and all have sent me some sort of email receipt. I've never had any agency mail (snail mail) me anything.

By the way, there is an Edie that works for Sawasdee, who is NOT Eddie at the AmEx agency.

Let me also note that you were corresponding with them over the weekend in Thailand. I never expect an (real rather than automated) email back until Monday.
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM

the hotel has never asked for my voucher upon arrival, but it is best to have it...i have their phone number in bkk...let me get it for you
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:28 AM

the phone number i have for them is:

66-2-255-3105
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

At last, after two mails, they have sent me the voucher, so the problem is solved. I believe it must have been a mistake, because my brother has booked just the day after I did and they sent him the voucher inmediately, just as Kim had told.
Anyway, many thanks, because without all your kind advice perhaps I would have simply printed the first mail with the thought it was a kind of voucher...
You have saved me a lot of trouble. I will try to do my best on my return with a report (I am sorry, English is not my tongue, so... it will be not so amusing as other reports I have read here).