Search

Virgin Atlantic web site

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Atlantic web site

Hi everyone,
Less than 36 hours to go, and we are off to London! I have a little problem though.......
has anyone else had trouble with the Virgin Atlantic web site?
TIA
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 06:43 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
What sort of trouble are you having?
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Hi Janisj
Its a long story. Basically, I tried to twice to book a return trip flight, leaving this Wed.Both times, there was no confirmation, the screen went blank and that was it. I did not receive a confirmation email. I did not think that the transaction had gone through.
The next day, still not having heard from Virgin, I booked my flight thru Travelocity and immediately the booking was confirmed on my screen and I received a confirmation email right away.
Yesterday, 4 days later, I received an email from Virgin about checking in on line and a booking reference. I made 3 unhelpful calls to reservations. My credit card was charged on May 31. Now, I want a refund because they did not send me confirmation of booking. They do not seem willing. I have emailed all the details to the refund dept and customer service and have sent a fax to Special Assistance. No response so far. I have filed a dispute on the charges with my credit card company.
My preference was to fly Virgin in the first place! I have booked with virgin before. This is the first time that I did not receive an immediate confirmation of a booking.
Is this unusual?
Thanks, will post the outcome, hopefully soon.

Lesson learned, double check if you try to make any on line transaction that does not appear to go through. maybe it did and they just aren't telling!
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry, can't help w/ that - I usually book VS over the phone. No specific reason - sometimes just because I have a specific question or something.

But whenever I run into an on-line glitch like that I assume the thing went through and try to follow up either by e-mail or phone before making things worse by booking/ordering/buying the thing a 2nd or 3rd time.

That happens to me all the time on Amazon UK's site. I don't get the Conf screen but invariably get the e-mail that my order is dispatched.

You should be fine though - even IF VS doesn't sort it out, your credit card charge dispute should solve it.

Good luck - I like Virgin a lot . . . .
Old Jun 5th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks janisj,
I'm feeling pretty humble at the moment. VS has always been so fast to respond, how could it not occur to me that maybe, just maybe, that transaction had gone through? Well, I think that VS will do the right thing. I like them too and they are my #1 choice.
I have to say even though the flight that I booked through Travelocity on BA is not non-stop, the price was good, it is still fast both ways, and the schedule for departing London is better than VS. We leave London for Dulles at 5:10 PM, make a connection and are due back home about midnight. That gives us another day in London. With VS, we fly to Orlando and the last flight departs Gatwick at 12:30 - it seems like a waste of a expensive hotel room, when there's no time to do much of anything the next day but check out and go to the airport.
Anyway, I'm still waiting to hear from VS. Will post an update, and I hope its soon.