Samui/Krabi honeymoon itinerary - please comment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELLO! WE HAVE BOOKED OUR 12 DAY HONEYMOON FOR END OF OCTOBER AND IT IS OUR FIRST TIME TO THAILAND. PLEASE COMMENT ON OUR TRIP AND ANYTHING WE SHOULD DO THAT IS NOT INCLUDED! ANY GOOD SHOPPING, ADVENTURES, ROMANTIC IDEAS ARE ALL WELCOME!

Day 1: Travel from USA

Day 2 : Arrive Bangkok at night.

Day 3 Fly from Bangkok to Krabi.
-Staying at The Tubkaak Resort

Day 4: Krabi: Full day sea cave canoe to Tham Lod & Tham Hua Kra Loak

Day 5 : Krabi: Free day at hotel.

Day 6 : Krabi:
:Visit 4 Islands for snorkeling by speed boat (Pranang Beach,Tup Island, Chicken Island, Poda Island)

Day 7 : Transfer to Samui.
Staying at Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort

Day 8 : Samui: Elephant Ridding in the jungle and travel to "KOH TAN" by boat for snorkeling.

Day 9 : Samui: Angthong National Marine Park

Day 10 : Samui: Free day

Day 11 : Samui: Koh Tao and Koh Nangyuan for swimming & snorkeling.

Day 12 : Samui: Free day & evening transfer to begin traveling back to states

THAT'S IT! PLEASE SEND YOUR COMMENTS!
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 08:40 AM

You are going halfway around the world and spening all of your time at two beaches. Is this really what you want? Thailand is one of the most delightful places in the world. But spending all of your time at beaches won't expose you to much of the culture of Thailand. I would recommend that you choose one beach area, and spend some time in Bangkok where you can visit the Grand Palace/Temple of the Emerald Buddha and many other amazing places as well as eating at top-flight restaurants and staying in luxury hotels for less than you'll pay at the beaches.
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kathy,
Thanks for your response! Our itinerary is already booked, so I can't change it, but hoping during my free days I can get away from the beach a little and explore a little more. Any day trips you can suggest?
Old Mar 20th, 2006, 09:02 AM

please reverse days 4 and 5 if you can...i think you will need a day of rest after your flights, etc

the day you have elephant ride and boat trip--day 8 seems too full for me

not sure if you realize how hot and humid it will be there...it is difficult to move at a fast pace from one activity to another...

also it is a shame for you not to spend 2 full days minimum in bkk...
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 02:09 PM

Hi there, still reading answers to your message? When you go to samui, make sure you don't use the boattour to Angtong sea park by Seatrang. Was not worth the money. Take a speedboat trip, should be better. We also enjoyed our scooter trip (just rent one for two days and drive around the island, you can't get lost). The south part of ko samui is very nice to explore by scooter. We found there the five islands restaurant, very romantic and great sea food. They also offer the five island experience: a small boat trip with snorkling and after that sunset-coktails and diner at the beach. Read my BKK-Samui-Chiang Mai report on this forum (posted somewhere middle of april 2006). Have fun!
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM

Krabi is actually a relatively large province with a provincial capital and a number of things going on other than tourism. If you hire a car or even take a bus you can really get away from the tourism. For example there must be a night food market in Krabi town; it may not be as exciting as that in Chiang Mai but maybe it's cool to try (I never have). Friday or Saturday nights are good for these places. Ask what time will be busiest. If you are in town on a friday or Saturday night why not check out the nightlife... ask where the best Thai music is - they call it "Luk Thung" - or if there is a place in town that has "ramwong" or ballroom dancing. These places are a hoot although they are rarer and rarer nowadays.

Try this link of things to see - temples are at the bottom if you are not going to have a chance to see them elsewhere. Be warned TOT regularly pushes ANYTHING that may be of the slightest interest. Some of the attractions are not as exciting as advertised, but there are some obvious stand-outs here depending on your interest. If looking for local action try to do this on a Sunday when all the locals are hanging and "pai teeow" (going out). Amphoe means "district" and there's a map link at the top of the page so you can check out logistics. Spend a day away from tourism and you won't feel you've done nothing but beach and islands. I agree with the other poster that your Samui portion is heavy on activities. Don't do anything with that free day bedause I think you are going to need it! I am not sure it was wise to book trips in advance (if that is what you have done) because it is the rainy season and boats cannot go out if the weather is bad. Tours will not be fully booked in Samui in October.

Hope my ideas aren't too off the wall.
Have a great honeymoon.
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:50 PM

Heh.. heh ... forgot the link.

http://www.tourismthailand.org/desti...4&typeid=7
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM

If you are going to other areas, I would recommend getting a guide to take you (or making your way there yourselves) to Kanchanaburi. Our guide took us there, stopping at the Bridge on the River Kwai for lunch at a delightful outdoor restaurant. It's a few hours from Bangkok, and we visited the Tiger Temples, a natural habitat for tigers who were raised by monks from cubs. We got to pet these huge cats, and it was one of our most memorable experiences.